Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ma's Resin

I'll say this about the casting quality... you'll think you're looking at cream-colored injected styrene, not resin, when you look at these parts. Not a pinhole or run in sight, just small scale car part goodness through and through! :P

Here we have the bolt nut/stud set, which gives you 208 very cool fastener detail bits in sizes ranging from 072" to .028"'

IMG_62271-vi.jpg

Next up we've got this cool Keystone wheel which, again, is beatifully cast and even includes an AMT style metal axle boss on the back side.... these would look great on a muscle car or early street machine!

IMG_62301-vi.jpg

Or, if you're more into early '60's street rods or even Indy cars, these Halibrand 5-holers are just what the doctor ordered...

IMG_62312-vi.jpg

Speaking of mucscle cars, who could use a Hurst Dual Gate shifter for an automatic? This one's very nice -though you'll need to clean up the handle a little, and the 'Hurst' and 'PRND' jibber-jabber is not only present, but legible! (Though this lousy picture doesn't even come close to doing it justice!

IMG_62321-vi.jpg

But, I'm saving the best for last. Need those very cool Dick Cepek paddle tires for that 1:25 sled puller you KNOW you want to build, but can't find the Orange Blossom kit, or don't want to raid one for parts? Well, Ma's gotcha covered there too...

IMG_62291-vi.jpg

The tires are molded in a soft rubber which is way more pliable than the original AMT vinyl, and the wheels are cleanly cast. As with the resin stuff, the tires are well shaped and blemish-free.

Now I just need to get meeself one o' them Amphicar kits! :lol:

Chuck, I can attest to the great quality from Al at Ma's resins! he does some outstanding work . I'm a guniea pig of sorts for his 1 ton tires and a Dana rear he sent so I could get a another wrecker done . The pieces are flash free and the detail is superb ! I don't say this in too many cases but Al is definetly a high caliber resin caster !!!!!!! Ed Shaver

Alan Raab HAS made a name for himself with ME, as far as I am concerned! He is one of the coolest ,easiest to get along with resin casters that I've met inna LONG time! I've sent him masters after we spoke about some ideas i had. He agreed, and cast them up for me! Now their in his product line. He's got the ONLY GM Toronado/Eldorado front wheel drive Trans-axles on the market! Plus he has the VERY limited "66/ 76 "Strato Backed" BENCH seat too( It's a FULL sized bench seat with Strato Bucket seat backs) they were standard in Caprices, an the Pontiac "Grand Ville" NICE seats. ALL of Alans stuff is PREMIUM quality! He DON'T cast NO junk!!!!! If you deal with Al, you can rest ASSURED your gonna get a QUALITY product!!!

Thanks for ALL the nice comments guys ;) It has been a fairly short time & I'm still learning from my mistakes. I enjoy casting & the people I've met thru modelling. Your suggestions are always welcome!

And there will be no price increases..........except for people living in certain parts of Florida. :lol:

• 9 months later...
Guest Johnny

Just have to give credit where it is due!

I recently ordered some AA Truck wheels and tired from Alan and all I can say is they are incredible!!!

They are really clean and well done! The rubber tires are really great and well detailed also!

If this is any indication of the quality of the rest of Alan's work (and I hear it is), I highly recommend Ma's for resin parts! B)

Guest Johnny

how do i contact ma's resin?

email: idsaw57@ptd.net is what I used to get information from Alan! Might take a couple days for him to get back but he will get back with you!

I found another address on his card. cnaind@ptd.net

Phone# 610-573-9219

Edited by Johnny

• 3 months later...