Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ma's Resin

I got a pair of tires from him last summer, he responded quick to my request and a few weeks later I had some nice tires in hand. Although those are just tires, I imagine if he was working on a couple new masters that could take years. Especially considering I think he makes parts as a hobby to his hobby.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope that is the case , when I first started e - mailing him I would get quick reply's and now the order has been placed can't seem to get a hold of him , I don't mind waiting as long as I know he is corresponding back , you would think that in this day and age of ways to communicate this would not be a problem even if he is out and about.

Thank you for your response Frank,, appreciate it.

John.

John (vegadeth),

I too placed an order with Alan and was worried about the long time to get the product and his spotty communication, but once Alan explained that his job involved travelling great distances and long hours, I completely understood. What little free time he has is usually spent getting caught up on orders.

As others have said, once you get the product you will be glad you ordered from him as it is very impressive.

As the old saying goes....Patience Grasshopper.

Hope that is the case , when I first started e - mailing him I would get quick reply's and now the order has been placed can't seem to get a hold of him , I don't mind waiting as long as I know he is corresponding back , you would think that in this day and age of ways to communicate this would not be a problem even if he is out and about.

Thank you for your response Frank,, appreciate it.

John.

I work as a mechanic for a living, when I take a vacation, I leave my tools at the shop. I am sure similar would be true if I were a resin caster. Now, if you've been waiting months, that may be a different story. Also, check your bank statements for a cleared payment. He may not have been paid for some reason or other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I ordered some giant pullers from this guy back in January and I have never gotten them. Of course I have paid for them already.

I have emailed him numerous times, he sent me two different emails, both times stating that he was "putting them in the mail the next day" guess what? No tires.

So the guy has lied to me twice, and took my money. My advice, stay away from this guy. I'm going to file a complaint through PayPal to get my money back.....hopefully.

Edited by RubiconGuy11

I think this is very strange; the only reason I might be upset is if he truly told you the check was in the mail so to speak, and > 1 time. generally and in all my dealings with him he has always come through and I don't recall any extensive waits. so aside from the possible lies, I would hold off doing anything as I think your stuff will arrive...eventually. that lying part would bug me too, though, and certainly further shorten my normally short fuse.

jb

I think I waited about six months for some tires I ordered but I was informed when I ordered that it might be that long so I was fine with the wait. I did get the tires and I'm very happy with them!

• 3 weeks later...

Well , I can relate to that , i ordered in Jan - 2015 as well , 8 weeks ago he called to say he was shipping my stuff after 2 weeks I called to say I still have not received my goods and was told he was going to send a replacement order ( he also said he already had the stuff made ) 6 weeks later and still nothing.

I'm not sure how much time to give him is fair , but 6 months is a long time ,maybe he should only receive payment once the items have shipped?

Next phone call will be to get a refund.