Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ma's Resin

I used to have a 75 grand am, turned it into a Lemans after the original rubber nose piece vaporized into dust while traveling up I-135 one day. that day really sucked watching it simply blow away. Long before the UV protecting in the urethane was developed. Neat old A body GM's. Might just have to look into getting one of your castings for "old times sakes". BTW your products are great!

Hey BK Hitchcock.... Where in Kansas are you?...

I used to have a 75 grand am, turned it into a Lemans after the original rubber nose piece vaporized into dust while traveling up I-135 one day. that day really sucked watching it simply blow away. Long before the UV protecting in the urethane was developed. Neat old A body GM's. Might just have to look into getting one of your castings for "old times sakes". BTW your products are great!

Thanks for the kind words BK........I don't think the nose piece will vaporize this time!

• 1 month later...

Grand Am - need to finish the interior, everything else done

Amphicar - interior almost ready, everything else done.

Mormon Meteor I - need to finish engine parts, everything else done

Mormon Meteor III - need to master the engine, everything else done.

Norseman - need to finish interior, everything else done.

New additions - 51 GMC pick up, 60 Holden FB, 63 Dodge Travco

I'll post pics as things get closer. :)

• 2 weeks later...

That Mormon Meteor III will be awesome, saw the real one last fall at the "Speed - The Art of the Performance Automobile" exhibit at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.

8380090714_d0c692b4f4_b.jpg
091412 Speed at UMFA 072 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr
8380091332_7cffe9a3e4_b.jpg
091412 Speed at UMFA 075 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr
8378985597_7b5a664efe_b.jpg
091412 Speed at UMFA 020 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr
8378986083_970873f328_b.jpg
091412 Speed at UMFA 021 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr
8378987961_4cc8701890_b.jpg
091412 Speed at UMFA 025 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr
8378988439_193db7552e_b.jpg
091412 Speed at UMFA 026 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Facel Vega has a ways to go yet. I think the Grand Am/GTO is going to be out first as I need to master some suspension components for the Amphicar which will bump it to #2 on the release list. The Norseman looks like # 3(or it could be #2), the Mormon Meteor III is #4 the Facel Vega #5 with the Mormon Meteor I #6. I'm thinking about adding a '60s GMC fishbowl bus & a '60s schoolbus if there's enuff interest. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Believe me Cuz, I'm thinkin there's MORE than enough interest to go ahead and Pop those two kits too! It's YOU aftermarket guys that keep us alive with the REALLY interesting models! I can buy plastic kits all day, but YOU give me somethin i REALLY want! Like good drugs 'er sumpthin, I jus cain getta nuff!!!!! You GO Cuz, an let me know when my Grand Am is ready!!!!

The Facel Vega has a ways to go yet. I think the Grand Am/GTO is going to be out first as I need to master some suspension components for the Amphicar which will bump it to #2 on the release list. The Norseman looks like # 3(or it could be #2), the Mormon Meteor III is #4 the Facel Vega #5 with the Mormon Meteor I #6. I'm thinking about adding a '60s GMC fishbowl bus & a '60s schoolbus if there's enuff interest. ;)

If there is any way I can help you make the Fishbowl happen, let me know. I have quite a bit of reference material.