Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ma's Resin

I sent a message off to Ma's Resin for information I got from a web site about off road model tires yesterday, I got a reply this morning from Alan. This is a man who wants to do business, not unlike some others I know. It is satisfyingly refreshing to get a reply both timely and mature. Thanks to you Alan @ Ma's.

Edited by raildogg

How do i get on ma's resin site want to see the grand 73 am and gto tryed the price list doesnt show me anything want to see some pics before i decide to buy

You'll have to e-mail him and ask for pics, as I think what he's posted on earlier pages in this topic is all he has to show for now. The best way to find out is to e-mail Alan directly and ask. His contact info is listed here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71864

Yes, all of the off-road tires are still available :)

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'll am working on the Grand Am/GTO along with some modular wheels for Off-road tires(Thanks Jeff) & a Dodge Ram Cummins engine(finally!).

l am working on the Grand Am/GTO

With this and the Missing Link '73 Chevelle, it's going to be a banner year for GM Colonnades in 1/25 scale. I'm really looking forward to the Grand Am, as I think it's the best looking Colonnade of the bunch. :)

Yes, all of the off-road tires are still available :)

Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'll am working on the Grand Am/GTO along with some modular wheels for Off-road tires(Thanks Jeff) & a Dodge Ram Cummins engine(finally!).

Glad to provide the basis for more GREAT Ma's resin items Alan :) I still have about six more wheel centers I have to send you...I'll get them in the mail!

Looking forward to all of the new stuff, especially the Grand Am B)

• 1 month later...

Al travels on business a lot. And Ma's Resin isn't a 'business' in the same sense as Modelhaus or other large resin casters. Al pretty much got into casting for the engineering curiosity of seeing how he could perfect the process. He's done some interesting things with the molds, such as lathe produced metal sleeves to get better quality. He sells the tires pretty much at cost, and his equipment is only set up to do 3-4 tires at a time. And with the material he uses, it goes into the pressure pot overnight. So when someone orders 20 sets, it can set production back a bit.

So if you're ordering stuff from Al, don't complain that he didn't ship it in a week. It's more like a friend who is doing you a favor casting some stuff for you.

He's currently working on those neat complete kits, all cut on a 3D printer. I've seen the masters in person and it's totally awesome stuff. It's light years ahead of what anyone else is doing, and again it's because of the engineering curiosity that he's working on these. Heck, I'd rather see him suspend tire production and put his limited free time into these!

I ordered a pair of tires from him a year or so ago. Took several months to get, but when they came they were very nice. I didn't hear from him during the wait but I didn't try contacting him either. Seems like he posted here recently about some new drag radials he was working on. Also, I believe he does this on the side and has a "real" day job, so its possible he's just too busy right now.

He's doin OK, just been busy as heck. He did reply to a queirie from me about the 73 Grand Am about a month ago. He's ok, just kinda swamped on the job. He'll be gettin things back up to normal in a bit. These new masters are bein a bit more to get ready, caz he wants them done RIGHT. Not to worry, he's still kickin 'em out! Takes ALOT ta get Cuzzin Al down!

I'm here guys!!!! I've answered all the emails I've received so not sure why some would get returned?? 3 options to get me are:

cnaind@ptd.net or idsaw57@ptd.net or call me at 610-573-9219. Be sure you use .net instead of .com on the email. I don't have time to get on the boards lately so please don't use PM or post if it's important.

Yes, the real job has been very busy this year(which is a good thing) but I hope to have alot more time in the near future as I'm trying to sell off my company & "retire". I've been running my own company since 1988 & travel world-wide but even that gets old.

Then I can cast most of the time instead of whenever there's time. I enjoy the challenge of mastering & casting and plan to keep it going as long as possible.

Many thanks to all customers.........past, present & future :)