Model Cars Magazine Forum

what car did you own that you wish they did a model of

My first and current car: 1992 Dodge Spirit. Greatest car ever made. No really, everyone I know wants to buy it from me. This or any year EK would be awesome.

The R/T version of that would be pretty cool, and the starting point for a number of other variants of that platform too!

Here is the one that I most would like to see; I own a 79 Malibu Classic Landau, mine being a rather oddity as it has a factory v8 and factory 4-speed, factory sunroof, buckets, console, and factory black over silver two-tone paint. I want to build a model of this car as it is one of the few I own that there is no kit of or a kit that could easily be modified. The others I own:67 Impala Sport Coupe, 68 Impala Convertible, 68 Nova SS, 69 Impala Convertible, 69 Impala Sport Coupe,80 Monte Carlo Landau, 86 El Camino SS, and 2010 Camaro. In the past I have owned: 65 Impala Sport Coupe, 65 Impala SS Convertible, 68 Chevelle 300 2 door, 69 Chevy Longhorn pickup,83 Chevette 2-door,84 Caprice Classic Landau Coupe, 89 Cavalier Z24 Convertible, 95 Beretta 4 cylinder, 95 Beretta V6, 98 S10, and '07 Cobalt SS Coupe. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a kit of the Cobalt SS and the Caprice ..

Edited by exnyman

I've had a lot of cars in my time. Here's some I've owned that I'd love to see come out as plastic model kits.

1. 1963 Olds. Dynamic 88 conv.

2. 1956 Mercury Monterey

3. 1966 Buick Electra 225 conv

4. 1973 Pontiac Grand Am

5. 1977 Datsun B-210

6. 1990 Ford Ranger

7. 1967 Olds. Delta 88 conv.

8. 1962 Olds. Starfire conv.

Edited by forthlin

Here is the one that I most would like to see; I own a 79 Malibu Classic Landau, mine being a rather oddity as it has a factory v8 and factory 4-speed, factory sunroof, buckets, console, and factory black over silver two-tone paint.

Perry's makes a 1981 Malibu coupe, which, with a little tinkering on the grille, could repreesnt a '79. I believe R&R also offers a 1979 Malibu coupe.

Charlie Larkin

Not to sound like a smart alec, but there are a LOT of vehicles mentioned in this thread that have either exact, or very...very...close make/model/year plastic and resin kits available.

I think a lot of people here would be pleasantly surprised if they spent a bit of time on Ebay or searching some sites that sell out-of-production kits. For instance, the one right above this one with the longbed Chevy pickup truck.

Totally understood, Mark. It IS amazing at how many are available. However, speaking for myself, I'm disabled and on a fixed income. I would buy a Modelhaus '56 Lincoln Premiere in a heartbeat if it were in my budget, as with a '56 Mercury and '61 Plymouth. I'm having a hard time swallowing the current prices of plastic kits as it is. That's one reason I'm so excited about the '53 Hudson Hornet and '55 Chrysler C-300 from Moebius; yes, they are pushing the $30 envelope, but offer a big bang for the buck for cars that were never done in plastic. I've already put money aside for these. Yes, I've spent some $ in the past on 1/43rd resin kits, but can't afford them any more. I still want a 1/24-5 '61-'64 SAAB 96; to the best of my knowledge, that's not available even in resin in that scale. If anyone knows differently, PLEASE let me know, and I'll donate blood to get one, LOL!

My first car was a 89 325IS BMW. All the cool perks of a M3 but with a few different bits on the body and some BMW enthusiasts even say a better suspension setup than the M3. I know you can get the M3 and the 325I car from Fujimi but not with a detailed engine. Once you buy the 50 dollar kit and then buy the resin engine from a guy in Italy and the Transkit for the different body parts and the photo etch for the correct emblems the car is tipping the $150 dollar point and just like Jim Gibbons said it's not in my budget.

• 10 months later...

Of the cars I've owned, I've had kits of two..the '87 Mustang GT (MPC) and '96 BMW M3 (Dragon). Wouldn't mind a kit of the Bronco II to replicate the '88 I had, or a '99-04 Grand Cherokee like my '00. Revell makes a custom '05 Caddy STS-v, but it would take some work to make a replica of my '11 STS.

I took a Revell 1:32nd '79 Mustang coupe and painted it to approximate my '86 LX 2.3 I had in college.

My second car was a 56 Chevy Belair 2 door sedan, I can do it from the 210 kit with work but it would be nice to have a correct kit. Thanks to the upcoming Meyers Manx kit I can model any car I owned and would want to model pretty easily, but I owned a lot of popular cars when I was young (Camaros, tri-five Chevys, Corvettes and such), I haven't owned a car worth modeling in years.

Hummmmmmmmm, close and buidable , a 53 Ford Panel delivery. Course I'd like to have a 69 Oldsmobile delta 88 Convertable too................ I know I'll never see that one though . The Panel on the other hand , I've already done that out of a Monogram 55:

Mabellenesmota.jpg

Ed Shaver