Model Cars Magazine Forum

Would there be any interest in a tractor trailer community build?

highway

Hummm, we build our own kit the way we won't with in reason but there is a set time, start on this day be done by this date.

Yes, Clayton, that is correct. You will pick what kit you want to build, you build it the way that you want it, just as long as it is within the one main rule I will have when I actually start the official build thread after January 1 that the truck must be a road legal truck. It will be built between the start date on January 1st and will end in either six months or one year from the starting date. :)

My friend I am so in! I need to restore my dads old truck. A Kenworth Aerodyne Cab Over. It is in really bad shape but I think I can save it. My dad is also my hero and a trucker. He owns his own cement train after years of driving over the road. He made this one years ago like a promo with no paint or detail and as a young kid I ruined it and then it was destroyed. I have some parts donors now and am geared up to hit the highway!

DSC05475.jpg

That thing is AWESOME. Looks like the modern day haulers. Wish they made a kit of those.

Thanks man

I know what you mean about a kit.

I plan on building a KW & a PeterBilt side by side with custom hoods and fenders for truck & trailer,

but theres a lot of scratch building time involved in a kit like this.

If this is a go then count me in. Sounds like fun....looking at this and other topics got me thinkin'

Just give the high sign for when we get started,in the mean time I'll start setting pieces aside :PB):D

It does seem like it will be a go for sure, Mark. The offical build thread will be posted here in the community builds section in mid December and the start date will be January 1st or very shortly thereafter. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like we will have a few very intesive builds like Earl's idea of two most scratchbuilt car carriers and my idea may involve two rigs, load for both, and support vehicles, so I'm thinking it will be a year build time. That will be finallized in the offical build thread, though, start and end date and the few rules will be in the first post when I post it.

Thanks for all the interest everyone, I can't wait to open up the truck stop!

getting ready to start super b grain hauler and hopefully the new international if it gets out soon just when can we start

You'll have plenty of time to get the new International, I will be starting the offical build thread sometime in mid December. :(

Earl, how did you cobble up that auto rack? It looks great!

I don't really have anything to get in on this with, but I'll certainly be checking in on it, it sounds interesting.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie

The rack on the truck is my design built from evergreen plastic and the bed is a Revell tri axle wrecker

changed to fit my needs.

The trailer is a Revell kit,the front was redesigned as a stinger style and edges were added on the

bottom.

The two I plan on building on this deal will have a lot of scratch building and

some custom work.

A Kenworth & PeterBilt,it's not as bad as it seams since all the time it takes

to design something like this is already done.

Thank you for the comment.

Earl

I'd tentatively jump in with the one truck kit I've got...The Kenworth Canepa kit, and #4 Kodak NASCAR trailer...and the NASCAR Lumina to go with it...long time on the back burner! I'd probably look at going box stock, but we'll see. I'd need time to find a place for such a big set up...I love that car hauler! Man, that is a great way to display your cars!

Got my Tractor and Trailer in today's mail for the build....Its gonna be hard for me to keep the cellophane on them :D

Give me a few more days, Donnie! B) I've been thinking of getting the offcial build thread going on this a little sooner than originally planned. I just have to iron out a couple things on the few rules we will have. :D

• 3 weeks later...