Model Cars Magazine Forum

tv and movie cars that could be made from existing kits

The Ford A Roadster from Papermoon

50 Ford Convertible and 49 Mercury from Rebel Without A Cause

Bullit's GF/wife's Porsche 356 Speedster he drove after his Mustang was knackered

59 Cadillac, 51 Mercury, 71 Riviera, 71 Cadillac from Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

59 Cadillac Superior Hearse and Jaguar E-Type Hearse from Harold and Maude

the Minis from The Italian Job

the 62 Imperial Convertible, 62 Dodge, 62 Plymouths, 57-58 Plymouth Savoy taxis from It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world

Captain/Major Anthony "Tony" Nelson's GTO from I Dream Of Jeannie

Edited by Junkman

With some very nice resin bits from The Modelhaus and Drag City Castings(two truly reliable sources for resin parts ;) ), I'm turning an AMT '67 Z28 into the RS/SS from the movie 'Better Off Dead." - Actually, I'm doing two versions of the car; a 'before and after' as seen in the film.

betteroffdead67camaro.png

Click the line below to visit the current owner's website devoted...and I mean DEVOTED to the car:

I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!!!

Edited by VW Dave

Purdey's MGB from The New Avengers. I've done it with the Aoshima/Airfix kit.

Steed's Range Rover from The New Avengers could be built from the ESCI kit.

Gambit's Jag XJ-S from The New Avengers could be built from the Hasegawa kit.

Could the 'The War of the Roses' Morgan be built from the Tamiya kit?

Mercedes-Benz 170V (Capt.-Lt. Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock's car) from Das Boot could be built from the heller/airfix kit.

The Citroen 15/6 and '70 Cadillac Eldorado from Jaques Beinix's 'Diva' could be built from the Heller and the Jo-Han kits.

Edited by Junkman

With some very nice resin bits from The Modelhaus and Drag City Castings(two truly reliable sources for resin parts ;) ), I'm turning an AMT '67 Z28 into the RS/SS from the movie 'Better Off Dead." - Actually, I'm doing two versions of the car; a 'before and after' as seen in the film.

betteroffdead67camaro.png

Click the line below to visit the current owner's website devoted...and I mean DEVOTED to the car:

I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!!!

Cool, I found that web site a couple years ago, and started the same project. It kinda stalled, as with so many of my WIPs. I have all the parts, its just a matter of getting to it. I also have the 65 ElCamino from Hollywood Knights in the works.

"Somebody" did a resin Plymouth Belvedere body and interior. I've seen really good replicas of Adam 12 done this way.

Somewhere I have a '71 Riviera in resin. It's really bad, but if I can find it I'll build it! Don't even ask where it came from 'cause I cannot remember. :lol:

Squad 51's rescue truck is possible with the old Lil' Red Truck and a bunch of sheet plastic, and resin wheels, and bumper, and and and more stuff. ;)

Model Roundup offers a resin conversion of Andy's Mayberry squad car.

G

Edited by AgentG

Revell '65 Mustang as Spenser For Hire's car.

IMGP2077.jpg

AMT '69 Cougar as Tracey's 428 Cougar convertible in On Her Majesty's Secret Service'

OHMSS26.jpg

AMT '71 Charger R/T as Michael Weston's '73 Charger in Burn Notice.

BurnNotice39.jpg

Revell '68 Dodge Dart as Joe Mannix Dodge Dart convertible in Mannix.

LeftFront.jpg

Tamiya Lotus Super Seven Series II as The Prisoner's KAR 120C in The Prisoner.

SuperSeven11.jpg

Tamiya BMW 635 CSI as Hawk's BMW in Spenser For Hire.

HawksBmw635-2.jpg

AMT '87 Mustang GT as Spenser For Hire's 2nd Season car.

SpenserGT16.jpg

Testors' '06 Dodge Charger R/T in NCIS.

NCIS25.jpg

Edited by mrmike

Revell '65 Mustang as Spenser For Hire's car.

AMT '69 Cougar as Tracey's 428 Cougar convertible in On Her Majesty's Secret Service'

AMT '71 Charger R/T as Michael Weston's '73 Charger in Burn Notice.

Revell '68 Dodge Dart as Joe Mannix Dodge Dart convertible in Mannix.

Tamiya Lotus Super Seven Series II as The Prisoner's KAR 120C in The Prisoner.

Tamiya BMW 635 CSI as Hawk's BMW in Spenser For Hire.

AMT '87 Mustang GT as Spenser For Hire's 2nd Season car.

Testors' '06 Dodge Charger R/T in NCIS.

WOW, you like your movie cars, ay? Great jobs, the whole lot of them!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, or it might just be due to a generation gap, but AMT's 2006 Chevy Camaro Concept into Bumblebee from the Transformers movie. You could also build an early VW into the TV cartoon version of Bumblebee. Another possibility from the newer Transformers movies with some minor reworking is Optimus Prime from Revell of Germany's Peterbilt 359 kit.

optimus-prime-transformers3-chicago.jpg

In the trailers they both rode in the Bentley several times

Art

Not only in the trailers, but also in the show. Whenever they went to some place by car, they used Steed's. Whenever Emma Peel drove somewhere on her own, she used first a white Lotus Elan, later a light blue metallic one:

916.jpg

002.jpg

Steed not only drove Bentleys. I know of the following cars:

AC Greyhound in The Sell-Out

7061 MK Triumph Herald in Warlock

CPT 75 a 1930s Lagonda in Traitor in Zebra

GK 3295 another 1930s Lagonda, a 2 Litre Speed Model Low Chassis, in Don't Look Behind You

XT 2276 a 1924 Blue Vauxhall 30-98 in The Gravediggers, The Thirteenth Hole

VX 897 Olive Green Land Rover SWB Soft Top in A Sense of History, Never, Never Say Die

OPC 104D Olive Green Land Rover SWB Soft Top in The Hidden Tiger

LPH 800D Maroon AC 428 Convertible in Invasion of the Earthmen

NOTE: Very rare (19 or 29 were built, depending on the information source) with coachbuilt body by Frua of Italy. Meant to be Steed's car for the Thorson season, driven by him only in this episode, then given to Tara. Not an "AC Cobra" as is often cited.

KK 4976 Yellow 1923 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost 40/50 in Game, Super Secret Cypher Snatch, You'll Catch Your Death, Whoever Shot Poor George..., All Done with Mirrors, Legacy of Death, Look - (stop me if..., False Witness, The Interrogators, The Rotters, Fog, Wish You Were Here, Love All, Stay Tuned, Take Me To Your Leader, Get-A-Way! My Wildest Dream, Bizarre

UU 3864 Yellow 1927 Rolls Royce New Phantom Tourer in Who Was That Man I Saw You With? Requiem, Thingumajig, Take-Over

Steed drove the following Bentleys:

UW 4887 4½ Litre in The Master Minds, Too Many Christmas Trees, Dead Man's Treasure

NOTE: the same registration appears on a different Bentley:

UW 4887 3 Litre in Small Game for Big Hunters, The Danger Makers, A Touch of Brimstone, The House That Jack Built, How To Succeed....At Murder, Dead Man's Treasure

NOTE: yet another Bentley with the same registration as above appears to be used in the monochrome end credits.

XR 6056 3 Litre in The Hour That Never Was and Man-Eater of Surrey Green.

This car has chassis number 544, and is currently located in the United States.

YK 6871 1928 Green Label in The Fear Merchants

RX 6180 1926 Green Label Speed Six in From Venus With Love, Escape in Time, The See-Through Man, The Bird Who Knew Too Much, The Winged Avenger, The Living Dead, The Hidden Tiger, Epic, Something Nasty in the Nursery, The Joker, Who's Who??? Return of the Cybernauts, Death's Door, The £50,000 Breakfast, You Have Just Been Murdered

YT 3942 1926 3 Litre Green Label in The Positive Negative Man, Mission... Highly Improbable, Split! Have Guns - Will Haggle, The Curious Case of the Countless Clues, The Forget-Me-Knot

NOTE: this car also appears once in The New Avengers.

So Steed actually drove Bentleys in only roughly half of the episodes.

Sorry. I'm a total Avengers junkie.

Edited by Junkman