Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV and movie rigs that could be made from existing kits

Don't forget the "Blue Mule" in White Line Fever:

http://imcdb.org/vehicle_40306-Ford-WT-9000-1974.html

1974 Ford Cabover.

Was there ever a kit made of the Ford COE?

The original Gone in 60 seconds series of movies had a variety of rigs in them.

Like this 1978 International Transtar from Gone in 60 Seconds 2:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_47183-International-Harvester-Transtar-II.html

Just thought I would throw this in here:

This is a screen shot from the retarded movie torque with 1960 Pete used as a double in Duel. Never noticed that.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_41159-Peterbilt-281-1960.html

Mack Cruiseliner

Autocar tractor that was pulling the trash wagon

International Transtar cabover with the "BIC" trailer

Mack R model and tanker

There were so many during the refueling scenes, I can't remember them all! Even though it's not actually a truck, what about the Cat dozer, too?

Another cool truck was the green Freightliner cabover with the short tanker.

the blue diamond Reo with the fruehauf box.

One could also build the 2 B model macks in the movie. there's a B 61 with a flatbed that chases the newlyweds until it crashes and burns. Then there is the blue and white B Model with an integral sleeper that bobtails around the truckstop, although you rarely see it. Go to AITM for those trucks.

Or the black and gray freightliner cabover with the beer trailer. single axle daycab.

Ya know another Movie truck that could be built from an existing kit would be the "Porkchop Express" from Big Trouble in Little China. It was kind of a corny movie made in the late 80's with Kurt Russell and Kim Cattrall in it.. it had this sweet Freightshaker FLC120 with a 60" standup and an extra set of airhorns on top of the bunk even! I was thinking about snagging another Italeri FLC and building one. Best scene in the movie was when he fires that truck up and revs it up and Kim Cattrall says what was that? and Kurt Russell replies "A 6.9 on the Richter Scale baby!" lol i loved it! Sooo thats just an idea.. build myself a Porkchop Express in fact heres a pic.

I have had the Porkchop Express on my to do list for several years. Big Trouble in Little China is a favorite of mine, it's kind of cheesy but it knows it is which makes it all right.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned the Mack from The Road Warrior, I would think that would be a fairly straight forward build with the AMT Mack R and Revell tanker. Of course there would be a fair amount of scratchbuilding involved and you would need to make it a righthand drive to be completely accurate.

There are diecast and resin GMC Cannonballs out there so you could do the truck from the 1950s TV show Cannonball.

• 1 month later...

how bout the truck from highwayman tv show

highwaymanstealth_02_resized.jpg

906.jpg

3398064880_5f70513fa3.jpg

no pun intended matt

I have considered building this truck so many times in the past 10 years and never got any further than the drawing board. One of my favourite TV trucks.

The only problem i cant get round is i cant find a 1.24/25th Westland Gazelle to use for the cab. I have considered building it in 1/72nd as i have an old airfix kit.

I still intend building this but i think i will have to carve a master from bolser wood and attempt to cast it in resin.

Tan pete 359 on the Dark Knight (last Batman movie)

Freightliner end dump on the third Spiderman movie.

Pete 352H from the movie Breaking Away

anybody mention the GMC General from Knight rider?

Tan Pete 359 from Dark Knight

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_145691-Peterbilt-359.html

Pete 352H from Breaking Away

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_167922-Peterbilt-352-H.html

The general from Knight Rider

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_6556-GMC-General.html

The only dump truck shown on that site for Spiderman 3 was a tan single axle Ford.

How about the K100 from Thunder Run?

i209405.jpg

Or, the 1975 Kenworth W-900 A VIT from the same movie.

i209403.jpg

145557-ThunderRun4.JPG

First time I ever seen a truck and trailer jump over a trains flat bed.

145559-ThunderRun9.JPG

145560-ThunderRun8.JPG

This rig belonged to Gene Schreindl. It's a 1975 Kenworth W-900A powered by a Detroit 8v92 w/ Allison HT754 tranny and a Spicer 4 speed along with 4.11 Rockwell Rears. 300" Wheelbase w/ 120" Double Eagle upholstered in avocado-green diamond-pleat Naugahyde and velor. Included in the back is a wash basin, microwave, color tv, vcr, Panasonic stereo with 8 speakers throughout the sleeper and cab, air conditioner and refrigerator. All this is powered by a Kubota 5kw generator.

There is a picture of it on Hank's Truck Pictures in William McCullough w/ a smaller DE.

That is a neat Kwhopper.Never heard of that movie.

How would you shift a aux. transmission with an auto with no clutch??I've read about that combo before and not sure how it worked.

Here's another possible build-the day cab astro from "another 48 hours", the one with a box behind the driver for the camera man to hide in

Edited by mistermodel

That is a neat Kwhopper.Never heard of that movie.

How would you shift a aux. transmission with an auto with no clutch??I've read about that combo before and not sure how it worked.

Here's another possible build-the day cab astro from "another 48 hours", the one with a box behind the driver for the camera man to hide in

In Thunder Run the gov gets this old man, I think ex military at some point, to drive a truck load of nuclear material to a military base while they ship a fake load by other means. His grandson drives that yellow pick up. Old man outfits that truck with flame throwers by the battery boxes and extends the stacks wayyyyyy above the roof. The VW's have rockets on the roof. That's what the long stacks are for. In the jump pic you can see one is damaged by a heat seeker. Those bars on the front pop open to make a triangular old train type cow catcher to knock stuff out of the way. And yes, they did jump the truck. This was made wayyy before cgi. It had a very long ramp they tried to hide and it got several feet off the ground. Not sure how the trailer stayed on it.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe no one here has mentioned yet the Mack Superliner from the movie FLATBED ANNIE AND SWEETIE PIE, LADY TRUCKERS!!

superliner.jpg

12jj1ok1.jpg

Awesome Movie!! And Annie Potts is HOT!

Should be easy enough to make with the Mack Superliner kit from Italeri

Edited by ad2191a

• 1 year later...

Ok, like I said, I'd get this steered back on track, and I'm surprised noone, especially Mark R since he has one as his avatar picture, has not mentioned the movie version of Optimus Prime.

optimus-prime-transformers3-chicago.jpg

The Revell Pete 359 would work with some long hood mods. I'm not sure what the old school cartoon version was, I think a Freightliner cabover, but if that's the case, AMT's White Freightliner Dual Drive would be perfect.

I know by now since i haven't finished the thread but the original Optimas Prime in the 80's cartoon was a red and blue KW cabover, and i know this will be said. The pic of Optimas(flat top pete version) with that sweet stainless 53'er is in transformers 3, he gets p.o'd when he dumps it in final battle sequence. I wish I was talented enough to accomplish that paint job. it has now become my all time favorite movie star..R.D#2, BJ's KW now#3 lol.!!!!!!!!!!!!!My bad, it was a freightliner in the 80's cartoon, just saw one on tv, and the funny thing about the new version; it's pulling a reefer, we knw why, but prime has that massive chrome headache rack for flatbeddin? silly i kinow.. Edited by donkeypuncher76

• 7 months later...

How about the K100 from Thunder Run?

i209405.jpg

Or, the 1975 Kenworth W-900 A VIT from the same movie.

i209403.jpg

145557-ThunderRun4.JPG

First time I ever seen a truck and trailer jump over a trains flat bed.

145559-ThunderRun9.JPG

145560-ThunderRun8.JPG

This rig belonged to Gene Schreindl. It's a 1975 Kenworth W-900A powered by a Detroit 8v92 w/ Allison HT754 tranny and a Spicer 4 speed along with 4.11 Rockwell Rears. 300" Wheelbase w/ 120" Double Eagle upholstered in avocado-green diamond-pleat Naugahyde and velor. Included in the back is a wash basin, microwave, color tv, vcr, Panasonic stereo with 8 speakers throughout the sleeper and cab, air conditioner and refrigerator. All this is powered by a Kubota 5kw generator.

There is a picture of it on Hank's Truck Pictures in William McCullough w/ a smaller DE.

+Here ya go, a link to the full Thunder Run movie. I just watched it. I hope you like cheese!!!!!!!! There's a lot of it in this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmcROR4-tU0

Edited by Ben

On Highwayman, you have 2 Different Rigs shown.

I liked that one too. How about the fact that the rig was a Combination Semi & Helicopter!!???

And wasn't Cletus' rig in the First Smokey & The Bandit a KW not a Pete??

Ertl (Before owning AMT & MPC) offered the Trailer from Smoke/Bandit 2 in kit for complete with the Mural

Always wanted to get one, but never did!!!

• 4 months later...

Smokey and the Bandit one is a kw 900 series

(Which a friend of mines uncle is claiming to own it now but I demanded to see it so next time he comes through hes bringing it!...He also has laid to claim of finding the where abouts of number 2!...We will see)

number 2 was the GMC GENERAL

3 was the pete that has been mentioned before

What about another kw!...Movin' On!...amt kit is inaccurate as heck...Would need the rvg kit and a short hood from the amt kit along with a battery box from aitm.com and a 903 from a caster along with decals from jerry at modeltruckin.com or the amt kit could be used to build the Pilot episode truck!?

Which is now owned by Paul Sagehorn!

http://www.tenfourmagazine.com/PerfZone/2007/PZmay1.jpg

Edited by bandit1