Model Cars Magazine Forum

Otter Pops Funny car

3men2s

Just started this project.

Started to mod the body to resemble the real thing.

coverd the door lines. Why Revell does it, makes me wonder, funny cars don't have doors.

and did the inside of the wheel opening and added the inside lip.

IMG_0558Small.jpg

DSC08778Small.jpg

34_25.jpg

this shows the lip and the right stance for a funny car.

DSC08769Small.jpg

DSC08795Small.jpg

did the inside of the wheel openings, next primer and ready to paint.

the front glass is to long and it does not fit right, a little sanding

will make it fit in place. I will probably will paint the stripes

instead of decals, the 1;1 car has a gold stripe while the decals

show a green. and will like to get a more realistic yellw fade paint

on the sides.

Color and progress looks great. Did I see that you had to cut the side decals in half to help apply them? How well did they go on? I've had this one sitting on the shelf for years hoping to one day squeeze it onto the workbench.

DECALS WHENT SMOOTHLY, THAT CRAGAR DECAL JUST GOT CUT SOMEHOW AND DRIED THAT WAY AND I WAS NOT CAREFULL ENOFF AND THE SIDE BROKE IN HALF

BUT I FIXED IT WHEN I SAW THE PHOTO.

I PROBLABLY PUT ANOTHER ONE ON TOP OF IT. iTS AN EASY PAINT JOB, ONE COLOR AND DECALS.

JUST THE REAR WING NEEDS TO BE PAINTED HALF WITH WHITE. i MOD THE CAGE TO MAKE IT SEAT LOWER.

AND SHAVED THE FRONT TIRES TO MAKE THE NOSE DROP.

THANKS FOR THE COMENT, TAKE THE BOX OUT AND DO IT.

THIS WAS A TRADE i DID AND i ATTACKED IT QUICK.

Edited by 3men2s

I remember watching these cars in the 80s-90s and destroying my fair share of these kits. Your build is making me want to hunt down a few of these kits and attemptII (this time without destroying them) some 80s Funnies (actually, I still have the Force Olds in the box........hmmmmm).

Looking very nice, and thanks for the memories. I will keep an eye on this build.

I remember watching these cars in the 80s-90s and destroying my fair share of these kits. Your build is making me want to hunt down a few of these kits and attemptII (this time without destroying them) some 80s Funnies (actually, I still have the Force Olds in the box........hmmmmm).

Looking very nice, and thanks for the memories. I will keep an eye on this build.

i feel you, I did the same thing, I think that when you are older

you become more patient and when it come to this hobby, that is key

for a good build. I had the FORCE OLDS, but had to sell it in ebay

with many more of my stach when money was hard but I kept the MILLER

OLDS and I also have the SNAKE'S PEPSI FOREBIRD and KENNY'S BUD TEMPO.

This Otter Pops is just for me to get warm.

Better start now before you loose interest. Thankz for watching

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The reason Revell put door markings on the F/C's is because the NHRA at one time (for a while anyway)had it in the rules that the bodies had to have them. I guess it was to make the cars look more like the street version as far as they could.The car looks great to me. Also had the John Force & the Miller Olds, Miller Lite Warrior of Dale Pulde & still have (in storage) The Bud King Tempo.

Danny, I'm real glad to see you add those support cables to the spill plates. That seems to be the one crucial detail that a lot of modellers leave out on the newer funny car builds.

Just a reminder because you probably already have it planned, but the body latch on the front of the body is a good detail to add. It's easy and it adds just that little bit more to the overall look of the car.

Aaron ;)