Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 falcon doorslammer

brett

Well getting stuck into this one at last . Got a couple of olds pro stocks off trademe (kiwi ebay), one had a started chassis (this build) .They had started gluing all the spaceframing to the floor then I assume found out they couldnt get the gearbox in or the seat and a couple of other fiddly little pieces. My headache I guess . Anyways after a LOT of bodywork (pinholes etc) a lot of test fitting, I have painted (finished after these pics) the floor and all the cage and have the base colour on the car. Motor will be a ford headed hemi with a psi supercharger and big 4 port hat. The ride hieght is set at the back and will only be marginally higher than what it is at the front (I hope lol)

coonds2.jpg

coonds3.jpg

coonds.jpg

this wont be a highly detailed build as the body is way to thick in too many places to bother fixing for a shelf build.

got second color on today hope to get bumpers and grille alcladed tomorrow,

coonds4.jpg

coonds5.jpg

coonds7.jpg

coonds8.jpg

scratchbuilt psi

psicast.jpg

psicast3.jpg

psicast4.jpg

Thanks guys :D , yes Rick I did. As more and more cars are using psi's (at least in Austrailia) I figured I might as well. The gold is a dollar store nail polish and the "black" is actually a custom mixed graphite grey (ppg) (made from left over dregs from about 6 different silver/greys).

Brett......I see your work bench in the photos and can see your passion for building........you remind me of myself.......I just kept building and building.......and always try to out do my last build......and before you know it........you look at your models and say WOW.........I made made that model.......and you feel proud of yourself......keep on keep-in on Brett. :D

Thanks guys, really appreciated, healths been um not nice lately so todays the first time back at the bench for a while. Got a bit done on engine and got stance finalised

coonds10.jpg

coonds9.jpg

coonds12.jpg

coonds11.jpg

still have to do rocker covers (in base coat now) fuel pump and magneto and the zoomies. Also the pulleys and belt, also I realise the blower should have a blanket but will leave it off this one to showcase it a little :unsure:

Edited by brett

• 2 weeks later...

This is very very great! Paintjob looks good and colour is good too! That engine detailing is perfect, and that idea for '66 Falcon to door slammer is very good too. There are lots and lots of nice details and so on. Thank you for sharing this awesome build.

• 2 years later...