Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GMC Van interior panels

1 post in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have the interior panels all figured using styrene V Groove siding and strips but for the mounting of it I'd like to hear some thoughts on. It has to go around the full interior and looks like the photo below. It ends up being just a 28" high panel made from the various pieces and can be assembled on the workbench and glues in. Sounds simple in theory, but there's always more than one way to "skin a model" and figured I'd solicit some thoughts.

My thought is to assemble the panels on a strip of tape (to the sticky side) and trim and glue to the van sides with some rubber cement. I'd probably spray paint the panels after assembly. This seems pretty easy and the only problem I can foresee is holding the tape down to it's non-sticky side. I'd clamp a steel straight edge along one edge and tack/tape the other edges down which will hole it and give a straight edge to place the strips.

This is long winded and pretty simple I guess, but there's ALWAYS good comments from all the experience here and I'll always ask. :D

InteriorpanelsP6291596.jpg