Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mike Alexander 1970 Mustang

KHall43

Nice looking car. Where about are you in Tn? I'm about an hr south of the track myself. Too bad they are trying to do away with it. That thing is over 100 years old and has so much history too it.

I live in Dickson but work in Nashville. Been going to the track since early 70's. Sad to see it go

Shelbyville. I had a younger friend that lived out your way. He was helping me build my new shop. He found a girl and moved to Nash. with her and now he's useless ... lol. Small world.

As for the track, there's still a group fighting for it. Not sure why it can't be put on the Historic Registry site? That would keep it from ever being torn down. I've been going to it off and on since the 70's myself.

Edited by dwc43

Shelbyville. I had a younger friend that lived out your way. He was helping me build my new shop. He found a girl now and moved to Nash. with her and now he's useless ... lol. Small world.

As for the track, there's still a group fighting for it. Not sure why it can't be put on the Historic Registry site? That would keep it from ever being torn down. I've been going to it off and on since the 70's myself.

Getting use to this site. Just posted for 1st time today. Do my pics show up full size or are they thumbnails? I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong. Thankx

Thumbnail. You can click on them and they get full size and you can use a next button to go through all of them. Looks pretty good. Just need to use a different code to post full size pics. I prefer the full sized ones myself over the thumbnails.

They look good though once they are blowed up full size.

Thumbnail. You can click on them and they get full size and you can use a next button to go through all of them. Looks pretty good. Just need to use a different code to post full size pics. I prefer the full sized ones myself over the thumbnails.

They look good though once they are blowed up full size.

How do I post them to make them bigger?

I don't know what system you are using to store your pics on, but they should have a different code that you link to your thread. Most use photo bucket or something like that and all of them are a little different. I use servimg.com. It gives me several links to choose from that makes the pics thumbnails, full size ect. ect. You'll just have to play with the site you store your pics on and find out.

You should take this to the show next month. I had a 40's Willy's from the movie Hot Rod that took first and a chopper from the tv show MASH that took a third at this show. Don't think I'll have anything ready in time this year.

November 6, 2010 - 3rd Annual IPMS Murfreesboro Show - Sponsored by IPMS Middle Tennessee, Lane Agri Park, 315 John Rice Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN For More Information Contact Novus Henry (615)478-2305 or visit: http://ipmsmt.ning.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice work! I, too, look forward to more of your work!

Regarding photos - A free hosting site, like photobucket, is one way of storing pictures, and you use the %7Boption%7D coding to post the picture full size (if it is oversize, it resizes it to the frame in the thread). I think there is an instruction thread on photos under General perhaps, or the 'new to the forum' section.

• 1 month later...