Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Chevelle SS Pro Mod WIP (Updated 3.26.14)

hOLMS

Wow! Your revised roofline really gives it a totally different personality. I might add that that personality is VERY sinister... :). I love it!

Agreed. However I think with the new roofline, from a design standpoint, the car looses some of it's identity as a Chevelle. But that is pretty common with pro-mods I think. We loose a bit of style in the search for better aerodynamics. Fantastic work. It looks great.

Agreed. However I think with the new roofline, from a design standpoint, the car looses some of it's identity as a Chevelle. But that is pretty common with pro-mods I think. We loose a bit of style in the search for better aerodynamics. Fantastic work. It looks great.

agree totally Rob, before at a glance you could tell it 's a 69 chevelle, now it leaves you wondering. Still it does look great and more like the modern era or race car so my hat is off to you Jeff, thats some phenomenal work there dude.

Made pretty good progress so far this week, including making it back to a good primer coat, she's pretty slick....needs some filling/smoothing here and there, but I think the shape is pretty close, at least for now. Next steps are checking heights and reference points, finishing passenger side window opening, front window opening, fender/sideskirt flaring, hood work and trim work. She's probably going to painted like a stk 69!

• Rear window cutout has been made, still need to square it up and check reference points to verify its symmetrical and correctly oriented.
  • Pulled the bottom of the A-Pillars back a bit, I liked the previous long roofline for about....hmmm, 2 day tops. I do agree the 69 Chevelle flavor lost a bit there, tried to bring it back a little.
  • Completed some more fine-tuning on the slope of the hood, not sure if its too noticeable, the elbow grease involved told me otherise...lol

I did start this as a project to retain the looks of the original while making it somewhat beast. The more and more new pro mods I'm seeing finally convinced me to give it a go with a ride that could be considered right there in the running with the new stuff. I'm not quite there with this one yet, but sincerely hope to be one day because I have channeled, chopped, sectioned, tapered and even start over quite a few times. Anyways, I totally respect the originals and love them all, wish I had a stock 69 Chevelle in my driveway right now! That being said, I like the new as well....pro mod, pro stock, I'll just say I like all race cars, no matter what they are.

Couple pics, last one thrown in for start and current....as always, I appreciate the comments. I enjoy sharing my work with all of you and glad to be here. I talk too much, too late at night I might add!

91913-1_zpsd0a2628e.jpg

91913-2_zps801cffe6.jpg

91913-3_zpsfb243249.jpg

• 3 weeks later...