Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Star of India" 1934 Rolls Royce

John Teresi

Wow, your alcad work is amazing! How you make it to look like that? This is very interesting build, with your skills, this will be awesome looking when it's finished. It's nice to read and look how these are turning out.! :)

Once again, the Alclad looks great, but the true measure of your skill is in the wheels. Taking the time and effort to build the multi-part assembly for a clean break between colors and textures is the type of thing that sets your builds apart.

Can't wait to see this one in the sun with your also skillful camera work.

Holy Shnikes! I'm just floored with the quality of work. There is a better gloss on that rear end then I've ever gotten on a model body. The bodywork is flawless. Unless I'm mistaken I assume Alcad is unforgiving of flaws and would show them well. I'm so glad you didn't try to add real leather to the seats as I've seen time and again and it never looks right to me. You just did a great job painting and it works! Fantastic.

Based on John's stunning work on the wheel discs, I found this brochure on "Dunlop wheels and tyres," especially the mounting of the wheel discs over the wires, to be very informative. These dust covers became popular since chauffeurs wanted to reduce the amount of time spent cleaning the wire wheels. The image is a bit fuzzy but useful.

Dunlopwheelandtyrediscs.png

The whole brochure is currently on eBay.

http://bit.ly/dnKoG4

Hello.......engine is finished........alclad and weathered.......wired and plumbed and installed....... tonight I will finish up the interior with some flocking......and will make sure the top of the body fits right before I get it ready for primer and paint......thank`s for looking.

DSCF5180.jpg

DSCF5190-1.jpg

DSCF5187.jpg

DSCF5196.jpg

DSCF5183.jpg

DSCF5210.jpg

DSCF5197.jpg

DSCF5209.jpg

DSCF5202.jpg

DSCF5194.jpg

Hello......the interior is just about finished.......modified steering wheel......added flocking......attached gas and clutch pedals and shifters.......body is primered and tonight I will putty if needed and finish up the dash......I should have color and clear on the body by Fri..........thank`s for looking.

DSCF5211.jpg

DSCF5212.jpg

DSCF5216.jpg

DSCF5217.jpg

DSCF5213.jpg