Model Cars Magazine Forum

GoodGuys Southwest Nationals Model Car Show

Danno

Thanks, guys, for the kind words!

I ... am ... exhausted.

It was a SUPER show!

Fifteenth Southwest Nationals! We hit an all-time high (for us) ... 260 entries.

A wide variety of builds ~ everything from factory stock to big rigs, rods, customs, a batmobile, dioramas, race cars, police cars, trucks, truck/trailer combinations, boats, monster trucks, post-apocalyptic street fighters, and a couple of fire engines! You name it ... it was on the table somewhere. We even had a hand-carved, solid wood, 1/6 scale Mack AG stakebed truck!

We had 1,139 people's choice ballots cast by spectators!

A 12-year-old (former Make-n-Take customer) won "Best Junior" with a nice '56 Chevy.

(There were 2800 1:1 entries outside.)

Had a great time ... including a sell-out for the Revell Make-n-Take (we helped 125 kids build Revell '69 Camaros ... many of them building their first-ever model car).

Plenty of great help from my friends in the local clubs, Moonlight Modelers and Cactus Car Modelers, without whom it couldn't be done!!!

I'll try to load some pix tomorrow. Did I mention ... I'm ... exhausted!

B)

Mike Thanks for postin' the Pics'. In the 1:1's there were 2 I Lust after, the Orange '64 Goat and the Primer Chevy Panel - Owned 2 of the Panels back when, the Pre Army "expensive" one with a 283c.i. cost $400 and the Post Army Long Bed 1 Ton w/235c.i. was $200. Think the guy'd take ........... oh $600 for the Primer Panel? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Mike Thanks for postin' the Pics'. In the 1:1's there were 2 I Lust after, the Orange '64 Goat and the Primer Chevy Panel - Owned 2 of the Panels back when, the Pre Army "expensive" one with a 283c.i. cost $400 and the Post Army Long Bed 1 Ton w/235c.i. was $200. Think the guy'd take ........... oh $600 for the Primer Panel? :rolleyes:/> :rolleyes:/> :lol:/>

Nah, I bet his tires cost more than $600. ;)/>

Edited by blunc