Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Titan 90 W.I.P.

Looks pretty good so far. I kind of like the blue, and the wheels look really nice.

I know it's a little late now, but Detroit Diesel Alpine Green is available from Dupli-Color at NAPA & AutoZone. Also, Scale Finishes offeres it in a bottle that's airbrush ready. Next time.

Looks pretty good so far. I kind of like the blue, and the wheels look really nice.

I know it's a little late now, but Detroit Diesel Alpine Green is available from Dupli-Color at NAPA & AutoZone. Also, Scale Finishes offeres it in a bottle that's airbrush ready. Next time.

Thank you! i will keep that in mind for the next detroit i build

Kyle

No problem. Remember not all Detroits are Alpine Green. Engine color has been a hot topic of debate on this board for a long time. Do a quick search, and I bet you'll get about 50 threads. Here's a quick summary of Detroit Diesel colors: most 8V71 & 8V92 engines in the AMT kits should be painted Alpine Green EXCEPT in Peterbilts which were white until the early 1980s, in Kenworths which were also white until the mid 1970s, and in Internationals which red. Confused yet? Don't worry, it gets better. The 8V92T was silver, and the Series 60 (found in the Italeri kits) is sort of a blue/grey.

The more you build the better you get. I love to research my build, getting as much info and pictures as I can.

Part of building trucks is learning about them.

Keep building and have fun.

I haven't found any good sites to get information on the truck itself, other than hankstruckpics.com for pain reference photos