Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT COT

Chuck Most

Aw, c'mon! Obviously you've forgotten Smokey Yunick who fielded a '66 Chevelle right off the showroom floor ... after he washed it in hot water and put it in the dryer on the 'high heat' setting. There was never a more "stock" stocker than Smokey's "little" Chevelle!!!! :lol::lol:B)

But..not under the hood!!!

I'm still planning on updating a Winston Cup Luminacarlo chassis to use with one of these bodies. Not sure how much is different, and not sure how I'll replicate Chevy's new NASCAR-spec V8, but I've got nothing better to do with myself, I'll figure it out! ;)

I just wish they'd bring out the Fords already!

I agree.....NOW jump up to the challenge Drew,,,,lets see what you can do with it!!

You know what, it just looks like too much work to be worth it for me. It's kinda like building an accurate 2010 NHRA Top Fuel car. There's virtually nothing from a kit that will work. I see these T/F models at shows and contests and I take my hat off to those guys who do them right. But at this point in my hobby career I just don't want to work that hard.

The new NASCAR racer (I just can't call it the COT anymore) is wider and taller than the old car. So frame and roll cage from the old kits won't fit. So to get it right you'd have to scratch build everything. There's no correct current engine available (And believe me, they look very different these days) so there's more scratch building.

So let's say I do all that work, and I have a chassis that's fine scale in every way. What then, put that thick, heavy snap kit body on it? Nope.

Building an accurate fine scale NASCAR Cup car from that snap kit doesn't interest me in the least.

I'm having more fun right now tackling much easier projects.

I'm having more fun right now tackling much easier projects.

Same here! That's the one thing preventing me from butchering a Winston Cup kit chassis to fit this body. (Not to mention the engine updates...) This one would make a pretty good curbside model, but I think my next stock car buildup will be the old AMC Matador. Not big into the NASCAR models, but this little snap kit has lit a fire under my fanny nevertheless!

Chuck, your buildup and review of this kit is admirable, but as far as NASCAR and, ah, ahem, "stock car" racing goes...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Any interest I may have had was lost when the only remaining "stock" part was the roof panel. And that was a loooooooong time ago. Just one man's opinion... :)

Yep- look for them and there they are! Thanks, Chuck.

IMG_64882-vi.jpg

Fortunately, the body is thin enough to spread in order to engage the tabs molded into the body to the chassis plate.

Of course, I could have skipped this if I'd simply read the flippin' destruction sheet in the first place-

IMG_64941-vi.jpg

IMG_64951-vi.jpg

Everybody is entitled to some coyote moments!!!.....................Beep Beep :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...