Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Moebius Lonestar

Hey, Art. I can't wait for this kit; it sounds great!

Here's a suggestion/idea/thought, if it is not already planned or already discarded as an option. Since Moebius already (no doubt) has tons of references (photos and plans) of the 1:1 on hand, perhaps they could include in the instructions some detailed information about the wiring and the air and hydraulic plumbing so that modelers who want to build a fair to great representation of the Lonestar would have some good, accurate reference material in the box ... kind of like detailed paint color call-outs included in some kits.

I know the guys who specialize in big rigs know all about the wiring & plumbing and can detail a model without this info, but I think this feature would add a great deal of value for those of us who would consider buying/building it but who don't have access to or the means of determining the proper vehicle-specific appearances and routing, etc., of the components and lines and hoses, etc., etc., of the systems involved.

And, again, as I mentioned ... Moebius already has the research material on hand no doubt so there really wouldn't be much added expense other than the layout and printing.

Just a thought for consideration ~~ a simple little enhancement of the modelling experience that shouldn't cost them much ... and, as always, the consumer can build to his/her own preferred level, but the value of the kit would be universally increased by the inclusion of the detailing information.

(They don't even have to mold all the fittings and valves and brackets and such, as long as they could show us what they're supposed to look like and where they're supposed to go.)

IMHO ~ for whatever it's worth. Anybody else agree?

I think this is a good idea, as this truck is probably gonna be bought by a LOT of guys who dont regularly build trucks, due to it being the first all-new tooling in a while, the amount of buzz it is generating, and the fact that the subject matter is fairly eye-popping as big trucks go. Personally, at first, I wasnt that excited by it, as I mostly am into older stuff, but as I hear more about it, even I am starting to get caught up in the buzz around this one. For me, the scale is a big plus.

I think this is a good idea, as this truck is probably gonna be bought by a LOT of guys who dont regularly build trucks, due to it being the first all-new tooling in a while, the amount of buzz it is generating, and the fact that the subject matter is fairly eye-popping as big trucks go. Personally, at first, I wasnt that excited by it, as I mostly am into older stuff, but as I hear more about it, even I am starting to get caught up in the buzz around this one. For me, the scale is a big plus.

Honestly, i'm not a big fan of how the truck looks. But I am sure i'll probably buy at least six of the kits simply because it is all new tooling and I could use the parts for other things. And also because i'll support any company willing to veture into model trucks in hopes of other future releases!!!!!

Honestly, i'm not a big fan of how the truck looks. But I am sure i'll probably buy at least six of the kits simply because it is all new tooling and I could use the parts for other things. And also because i'll support any company willing to veture into model trucks in hopes of other future releases!!!!!

I dont really care for the look either, but a LOT of guys do, its fairly radical.

What I find funny is that Navistar is having Cummins build its engine!? Did they get out of the engine business? I just saw an ad tonight for the new Ford F250/350, and it loudly proclaimed a Ford-built Powerstroke diesel.

That's a handsome truck. I'm not a huge truck builder, but I might get one just because it's such a nice-looking rig.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Moebius' 1953 Hudson Hornet and 1955 Chrysler 300. Art, any word on their development and release?

Charlie Larkin

What I find funny is that Navistar is having Cummins build its engine!? Did they get out of the engine business? I just saw an ad tonight for the new Ford F250/350, and it loudly proclaimed a Ford-built Powerstroke diesel.

That's a handsome truck. I'm not a huge truck builder, but I might get one just because it's such a nice-looking rig.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Moebius' 1953 Hudson Hornet and 1955 Chrysler 300. Art, any word on their development and release?

Charlie Larkin

I'm not sure if Navistar is getting out of the engine market or not, but I heard Ford was having problems with the Powerstrokes from Navistar, so they built their own. I have a neighbor with an 08 F250 with the Navistar Twin Turbo 6.0 Liter (might be 6.3 Liter)Powerstroke, and I have a 90 F350 with a 7.3 Liter non turbo Navistar (before the Powerstroke came out), and we started talking diesels and fuel mileage. I was surprised when he told me his nearly new truck, with about 20,000 miles on it, if that much, only got about 11 MPG. My old, tired, leaky (the engine's color is oil :lol: ) 7.3 Liter with almost 180,000 miles on it gets on average around 14-15 MPG! That is sad that a 20 year engine with almost 1.0 Liter more displacement, no computer engine controls, just mechanical injection, and no turbo beats a modern computer controlled twin turbocharged engine in fuel mileage.

I mastered this hood it's a mid 90's version of the IH 9400 it fits directly on the paystar chassis without having to move the front axle,

I sold the mold to Eric at PNP resin,

Leo

I believe I got one off of you on Ebay...

Its why I started building the "I"series and non "I" series masters.....

Edited by cargostar

Here are some pics of the kit from another fourm

I hope it comes out like that!! I love all the extras, especially the added owner operator style "chicken lights" along the cab and fairings, not to mention the rear panel and air cleaners. I don't really care for the "bullhauler" style stacks, but they sort of look nice on the master!

Thanks! Does PNP Resin have a website?

Hey John

This is a link to our web site,

http://www.ppvintagekits.com/index.html

I do not have the IH9400 hood conversion listed there yet though. I have only been selling those through e-bay so far. This is a link to the e-bay listings.

http://shop.ebay.com/porkynpetunia/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

I will sell the hood conversion outside e-bay, no problem. Just have not had time to get them listed on the web site yet. You can contact me at eric@ppvintagekits.com

I got yelled at by my better half for reading new posts on this topic while she was talking and now we get sneak peek photos of the kit......glad I'm on the road now she would surely shoot me for salivating over the photos and not listening to her, I can't wait til this kit is released

My name is Dave Metzner and I'm new here, Art has already pretty well explained that I'm the product development guy at Moebius Models.

I'll try to stop by here from time to time as my schedule allows.

Just a couple quick additions.../ corrections regarding our Lonestar kit

The engine in the kit will be a MaxxForce 15 not the Maxx Force13.

This is Navistar's own engine - it is an all new engined, derived from the Caterpillar 15 Litre engine with all new fuel and air management systems and Navistar's EGR polution control system.

The suspension will be Navistar's proprietary pieces.

Navistar provided CAD files for the Cab, hood, aero package, sleeper, frame, suspension, fuel tanks, battery box and brackets, and exhaust system.

I photographed a couple trucks on two different occasions. And we had access to Navistar's computer illustrations of the interior.

Plans are to have this kit on store shelves by the end of this year or very early next year..

Thanks,

Dave

Welcome Dave!!! I'm waiting for this kit and hope it leads to more new kits in the future. If, and hopefully when, it does lead to more new kits, are you open to suggestions?

Hey, hello @ all,

Looking those ''ghost'' pictures of the kit, I feel that from now on we will recieve some respect from the traditional model truck makers (ITALERI & REVELL OF GERMANY).

I believe that the guys at Moebius are doing great job on this kit!!! I am impressed and i am going to hit up to 20 pieces of this kit.

Hey Moebius guys, just a note, as another member had already noticed, please pay attention to the rims and tyres. For me till now ITALERI's wheels are the best and REVELL's of Germany are the whorst. (corect me please if I am doing grammar mistakes).

Also I would like to add that I am a fun of the 1/24 scale than the 1/25 and that I like mush better the multi-pieces cabs and not the tubes, for the same reasons with the other members as they have already wrote.

So, lets all support Moebius on this and who knows, maybe we get what we want?? :D

May know I say what I want???

Dear Santa, uhhhh!!!!

Dear Moebius,

This year I believe that I was a good boy so I want these:

PETRBILT 386 AERO, PETERBILT 389, PETERBILT 587, KENWORTH T660, KENWORTH T700 KENWORTH W900, an INTERNATIONAL PROSTAR and if you wish a FREIGHTLINER CASCADIA...... :lol:;):lol: :lol:

Greetings from Greece,

Kostas.

Dave, welcome aboard! You bring good news with you, that's always a plus! I've been excited about this model since I heard about it earlier this year. I usually don't get this wound up over new releases, I like seeing them but this one has me stoked! It's a fine looking truck and the test shots show that it will be a great looking kit. I'm really looking forward to adding a couple of these to my collection.