Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Moebius Lonestar

I just saw a funky Lonestar today dressed in scarlet red with a matched Great Dane Stainless 50 foot reefer set up. I still think the Midland livery is my first project when it hits the shelves.

jhppch.jpg

That is the FIRST Lonestar delivered. Some where I have the press release picture of the keys being handed over. Doug is a good friend of mine, and a Midland driver. He shot that just after it was put into service.

Dave,

I would to thank you for coming in here to hear what we builders are saying.

Leo, Dave,

This is something I think would be a big hit. Parts packs which include a hood and necessary parts(radiator, brackets, etc.) for conversion to a different model. Also, separate packs with a daycab panel including glazing, different factory exhaust set ups, other sleeper options, alternate wheels and tires(highway, offroad, etc.).

Les

I agree Les!!!!! Especially a choice of wheels! Navistar has an aluminum wheel that (I believe) was designed for the lonestar. I has six oval holes and looks really cool! It would be really great to see those included in this new kit as well as a set of standard round hole, ten hole aluminum wheels in full dress with chrome center caps and acorn lug nut covers! I would buy even more kits just to rob the accurate wheels and tires out of them for existing projects!

Daniel, That wrecker with a full sleeper is the first one I've seen with the sleeper on it!

That's wild! Must be set up for someone who's planning on towing something really big a really long distance!

Navistar shows a Lonestar "recovery" trucks on their web site.

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

Daniel, That wrecker with a full sleeper is the first one I've seen with the sleeper on it!

That's wild! Must be set up for someone who's planning on towing something really big a really long distance!

Navistar shows a Lonestar "recovery" trucks on their web site.

Dave

Dave, the 1:1 prototype for Revell AG's "Can Do" Peterbilt Wrecker, as well as the kit, has a sleeper. There are also three companies near my home near Wheeling, WV that all have sleepers on their wreckers. I worked for one of them, and drove a 1994 Freightliner FLD 120 single axle with a 36" "casket" sleeper, the others have an International 9900i with 70" prosleeper and a Kenworth T600 with about a 70" sleeper as well.

I agree Les!!!!! Especially a choice of wheels! Navistar has an aluminum wheel that (I believe) was designed for the lonestar. I has six oval holes and looks really cool! It would be really great to see those included in this new kit as well as a set of standard round hole, ten hole aluminum wheels in full dress with chrome center caps and acorn lug nut covers! I would buy even more kits just to rob the accurate wheels and tires out of them for existing projects!

Whoops, that should have read "five oval holes", not six.

hey dave,the wrecker body on the lonestar looks cool. that could be moebius models next kit,the revell can-do wrecker was not done like the real truck.the lonestar wrecker would be true to the real thing.that would be a great kit with all of the lights and extendable boom and stuff. i know, im just wishing for the moon. mike cole :D

At this stage of the game our kit has Alcoa 10 hole aluminum disc wheels. Those are by far and away the predominant wheel seen on Lonestars.

The Navistar "5 spoke wheel" seems to be seen most often on Harley Davidson Special editions - those wheels are on the Harley special edition wrecker a few posts up the page.

It seem to me that those wheels were originally offered only as an exclusive on the Harley Davidson Lonestar...

They may offered on any Lonestar now but they seem to be pretty rare on regular versions of the truck.

At this stage of the game our kit has Alcoa 10 hole aluminum disc wheels. Those are by far and away the predominant wheel seen on Lonestars.

The Navistar "5 spoke wheel" seems to be seen most often on Harley Davidson Special editions - those wheels are on the Harley special edition wrecker a few posts up the page.

It seem to me that those wheels were originally offered only as an exclusive on the Harley Davidson Lonestar...

They may offered on any Lonestar now but they seem to be pretty rare on regular versions of the truck.

The ten hole Alcoa wheels will be most welcomed as well! I just hope they strive to make them as correct in appearance as the rest of the truck is so far!!!!

Dave, if you have a minute, please take a look at my Fotki albums, you'll see that i've been making masters for resin, model truck wheels for many years now. I have strived to make the most detailed aftermarket wheel available, as so far, the wheels in most kits offered are either outdated or not what modelers are wanting to replicate the trucks they see every day.

www.public.fotki.com/lotso

Check the album titled "Model Truck wheels"

Hi Ben,

We have pics of the mock-ups for the kit wheels. They look really good to me.

I've compared the pics of our mock-ups to your wheels and I'm very satisfied with our mock-ups that I see in photos.

Before we start tooling I will have the mock-up here and I'll be taking it and it's components to Fort Wayne for a hands on review with the guys at Navistar engineering.

It will be easy to compare the model kits wheels to the real ones.

We are making every effort to get this thing as right as we can.

Hi Ben,

I've compared the pics of our mock-ups to your wheels and I'm very satisfied with our mock-ups that I see in photos.

Before we start tooling I will have the mock-up here and I'll be taking it and it's components to Fort Wayne for a hands on review with the guys at Navistar engineering.

That is really great to hear! Any chance of a sneak peek at the prototype wheels? :)

Hi Ben,

Hello Dave

This is the first time I see a modelling manufacturer interested in us modellers that are building kits and it is refreshing to me.

To see that you are answering our questions mean your commitment to us in getting a new injection molded truck in production.

I will purchase some and hope that this will bring new trucks to our hobby shop shelves.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux

Hi Daniel,

Frank Winspur, the owner of Moebius Models grew up building models and has a long background in the retail hobby business.

I'm a model buider myself though I haven't built many cars for quite a while.

I build all of our test shots and most of our show displays so I build a little bit of everything these days.

I'll certainly get a chance to build our car and truck kits myself, probably several times before they get to production.

Man, I've never built a big rig before and this kit's got me salivating at the possiblities. Great choice of subject and the mockup is looking awesome. I can see it now done up in Chaos Motorsports livery. BTW, is there a modern race-car hauler in 1/25th or would it be a complete scratch build?

Edited by LOBBS

Hey how about this idea? Why not offer a Harley division Edition Lonestar?

Just got pics of the tooling mockup (masters made for tooling) of this tractor this morning, and WOW! Talk about what is shaping up to be one awesome truck! Let's just say, if I didn't know who was doing the project in kit form, I'd have sworn I was looking at mockups for a Tamiya kit!

Art

maybe it may look like this picture I found