Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Moebius Lonestar

There are after market options of numerous wheel variations. Your next kit if this one is successful must be a modern reefer trailer just like this one!

20f2bv7.jpg

I agree 1000%! One that doesn't require all the extra work to correct like Italeri's reefer would be great! The option of dry and reefer would be nice, too, since the main difference would be the nose, and there are no nice modern 53 footers on the market.

a new reefer will work for me too, but it will need to have two hole bud wheeles on it. :)

Again, several aftermarket firms offer these already.

Again, I have to agree. Although most fleets run the Budd wheels on their trailers, I tend to build my trucks to an owner-operator type spec, and 10 hole Alcoas are the only way to go for a working show truck or even a nice working truck look.

• 3 weeks later...

i just found this.i dont like the price but gotta have 1 http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/moe/moe1300.htm

well im gonna have to wait till november to get mine caus eill be in south africa all of october, and i wont have any access to the net. ehobby has them listed for $53. i bet the price goes down after a few months, lol i hope anyway.

dennis

Even at 60.00 or more, I think that's a fair price for an all new modern truck kit! I'll be buying at least four for sure!

im with you BEN, im gonna have to have me a few of them. it is the newest truck model in production , wonder how its gonna look next to my old dogs ive been workin on lol.

dennis

i agree $60 is a good price for an all new model but i wont/cant pay that much right now.

Do like I do, don't eat for days at a time, shower after using the bathroom to save on toilet paper wash you body and teeth with bar soap, but only once a week to save water. Just use lots of cologne the rest of the week!

See, thrifty! :lol:

Do like I do, don't eat for days at a time, shower after using the bathroom to save on toilet paper wash you body and teeth with bar soap, but only once a week to save water. Just use lots of cologne the rest of the week!

See, thrifty! :D

lmao!!! im purdy sure the wife would boot me to the barn if i did that, lol i can just cut back on my beer allowance or somethin else. :):o:blink:

dennis

Just wondering how the Lonestar project is going? Any new pics would be awesome! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Progress report!

The Lonestar tooling mockups are in Indiana as I write this, and will be going to Navistar's Engineering unit at Ft Wayne IN (where the real truck was designed) for their evaluation and approvals this coming week.

I understand that if all goes well, first test shots should come perhaps in late October/early November, with the kit hitting the shelves in January or February 2011. Stay tuned, this should be one great kit!

Art