Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Moebius Lonestar

Those are awesome, Dave, thank you so much for sharing them. Please tell me that the air deflector will stay as it is as a separate piece. The mid roof pic looks just as great as the pic with the deflector in place. I also hope the extra running lights along the cab and side steps stay a feature of the kit as well.

Do like I do, don't eat for days at a time, shower after using the bathroom to save on toilet paper wash you body and teeth with bar soap, but only once a week to save water. Just use lots of cologne the rest of the week!

See, thrifty! :P

I was gonna post some additional ideas to your post but I'd probably get sent to stand in the corner by the mods. :P Let me give you a hint - in involved... no - I can't say it... :lol::P;):lol: D

Transmission is one of the items on the mock-up that still needs to be fixed - the one on the mock-up is about 50% too short... reference material for an Eaton Road Ranger with the autoshift set up along with CAD from Navistar showing location and length for the tranny has been sent for revisions to the mock-up.

If you could see the small interior detail the push button selector for the automatic is there..

No big shift lever sticking out of the floor in this truck...

The real truck that we photographed - about a year ago happened to be one of their test trucks - and it was an automatic...

The aero deflector on the roof should be a separate part in the kit... the way it's done on the mock-up so I'm sure of that..

Tires will be generic we don't have a license to use any brand names.. you can see the tire mock-up now in the gallery...tire and wheel mock-ups are 2 or 2.5 to 1

Everything is looking good so far. I think this kit will do great. If it does do good, you know Moebius will build another truck model and another and so one. So this could be the start to great things. I cant wait. I would love to get my hands on a mack made with new tooling!

Edited by ki4dsy

Transmission is one of the items on the mock-up that still needs to be fixed - the one on the mock-up is about 50% too short... reference material for an Eaton Road Ranger with the autoshift set up along with CAD from Navistar showing location and length for the tranny has been sent for revisions to the mock-up.

If you could see the small interior detail the push button selector for the automatic is there..

No big shift lever sticking out of the floor in this truck...

The real truck that we photographed - about a year ago happened to be one of their test trucks - and it was an automatic...

The aero deflector on the roof should be a separate part in the kit... the way it's done on the mock-up so I'm sure of that..

Tires will be generic we don't have a license to use any brand names.. you can see the tire mock-up now in the gallery...tire and wheel mock-ups are 2 or 2.5 to 1

Tires will be generic we don't have a license to use any brand names

This what many modelers don't understand.

Well aware of Dave Natales stuff, been buying it before he was selling it (think MTFA and AIM here), I am thinking more of a modern, complete, injection molded kit.

Yes, same here. I'm not knocking any of the resin casters, but with the way things are today, I would much rather pay $70-$80 for a complete kit rather than the nearly $150-$200 for the resin and the donor kit needed to finish it. Of course, it depends on how badly I want to build a certain truck, too! :lol:

When you think about how long the B series Macks were in production and how prolific they were, IF theres ANY vintage american truck that would stand a chance of selling well as a kit, its the B series Mack. Its honestly not on my personal top ten list of vintage trucks ( I would buy a bunch, regardless), but I am not gonna waste my time suggesting someone kit a U series Autocar, or a A Series GMC, that would be foolhardy. But the Mack is a marketable kit IMO, or a GMC Cannonball.

This what many modelers don't understand.

chuckyr,

The issues surrounding tire logo's or the lack thereof have been discussed to death, I won't delve into them any further. Can we just chalk it up to the list of those things that aren't gonna change, can't be changed, and move forward?

Art