Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Moebius Lonestar

A 53 foot trailer in 1/25th scale would be over 2 feet long! Could you imagine a 2 foot long box on the hobby store shelf!

Well, yeah, that's only three inches longer than an AMT Fruehauf flatbed box. There's plane and ship models with boxes bigger than that.

Yep It's going to be about a 26 inch long box! - trailer floor, roof and side walls are all designed as one piece parts....Trailer itself is about 25.44 inches long - plus refer unit on front wall...

Dave

Wait, even though it's misspelled, am I seeing "REEFER UNIT" in that post!?!? If I'm not seeing things, any idea yet if it will be a Carrier or Thermo King Unit?

Yep It's going to be about a 26 inch long box! - trailer floor, roof and side walls are all designed as one piece parts....Trailer itself is about 25.44 inches long - plus refer unit on front wall...

Dave

Whoa!

Dave- this may seem like a dumb question, but is there any thought of doing both the truck and trailer as a combo kit as well as selling them separate?

Why?

Dave

Now THAT is great news! 1 piece parts... I was dreaming of that when building my Italeri dry van... Got that ugly seam down the sides. Thanks Moebius!!!!

I like the one piece trailer parts, will make for a much nicer finish build, and less work .

And to answer why to my question, well I know I am planning on getting both, so why not offer a combo kit for people that want to buy both. I am sure they could find a middle price for it.