Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hallmark Harley

From the 'FYI' dept... this years Hallmark Harley ornament is...

tion2009TriGlideUltraClassic02-vi.jpg

Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Debut Special Edition 2009 Tri Glide Ultra Classic

tion2009TriGlideUltraClassic01-vi.jpg

The first time they have done a trike in this series...

tion2009TriGlideUltraClassic04-vi.jpg

The Hallmark series is 1/24 scale. Their weakness has been tires with no treads, and painted lights. Past motorcycles have been about $14.95 so I expect this one may be a bit more.

Wouldn't mind a 1:1. At last, a motorcycle I can stay upright on!

Charlie Larkin

:lol: I hear you on that one! I know it would look cooler than a Full Dresser with training wheels would!:D

Jon, these are very nice renditions...I know as I have two of them, in fact the pictures you posted are of one of them that I modified and posted over at Spotlight Hobbies. These trikes are only available at Hallmark Gold Crown stores and in very limited quanities so anyone that wants them should get them before they are all gone as they will not be produced again.

Jon, these are very nice renditions...I know as I have two of them, in fact the pictures you posted are of one of them that I modified and posted over at Spotlight Hobbies. These trikes are only available at Hallmark Gold Crown stores and in very limited quanities so anyone that wants them should get them before they are all gone as they will not be produced again.

Yes, thank you for posting. I hope you don't mind, I saved the pics mainly to remind myself to go check them out. I would be interested in the modifications you did. I assume the typical eyelet in the top of the tank has already been removed? I found they can be easily removed with a small clamp or needle nose pliers.

Anyone who builds police or emergency vehicles could benefit from these.

Jon,

No problem...after I removed the eyelet, I filled the hole with medium viscosity superglue and then filed/sanded until the "hole" was flush with the surrounding area. The seat was then painted with a Testors flat black paint pen: the other mods are as follows...gauges were added from 1/24 Maisto Harley Davidsons, the antenna from (2) 2000 FLTRSEI Screamin' Eagle Road Glides (also Maisto), the front brakes were picked out with a extra fine point sharpie, the rear boards and trunk locks and clasps were picked out with a fine point silver sharpie. I've had quite a stockpile of Maisto Harley parts as I used to modify them quite a bit in the past...here are most of them thanks to Pat Redmond for hosting my bike pics in his Fotki account... http://public.fotki.com/predmond/model_cars/smokin_ops-1/brian_nevitts_bikes/ ... I know these bikes are getting hard to find nowadays and most people won't have these parts just "laying around" but with ingenuity most modelers should be able to make the modifications I did with relative ease. I hope this has helped anyone who is trying to make an accurate police trike!

Brian...your 1/25th scale diecast kitbashes are way cool....really enjoyed looking through yours (Pat's) Fotki file on this. Congratulations....TIM

Tim,

WOW! Your compliment honors me, and you sir are also no slouch in the bike building/kitbashing arena! I hope to take all new pics of all my bikes as Pats album only contains some of them and the "garage" background is my old one and I've rebuilt it and, I have several new bikes. At this time I have roughly 182 built bikes in my collection and I'm always looking to add more!

Again, thanks for the compliment and intrest!