Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bugatti Veyron?

While one hasn't been done, (shameful, I know) there is a very nice 1/24 slot car out. The best thing you could do if you needed this in your collection is to pick that up.

I too would love to see this as well as other super cars come out.

The attention getter would be Ferrari. Almost all new vehicles they build, a model manufacture is there, willing to create it in 1/24 scale. Look at how long it took to get a new modern Aston Martin and Mercedes.

I will say this, if a model company could step out and do just one new super-car, it would have to be the McLaren F1 to which all super-cars to this day are measured against. Leaving this out in scale is just mind boggling to me. I would even rate this over the Bugatti, which was also measured against the McLaren.

I have a nice list of modern era super cars I would love to see done, but I suspect, licensing and what not hold these items up.

Chris

The simple fact is the VW Group wants too much for licensing.

I doubt this simple fact, since another simple fact is that VW Group doesn't even charge licensing fees from model companies, ask the licensing lawyers at Auto Art and Minichamps if you don't believe me. The plethora of Bugatti Veyron and all other VAG models out and about confirm this.

No, this is a failure of the kit manufactureres and nothing else. Bugattis are available as diecasts left, right, and center.

I doubt this simple fact, since another simple fact is that VW Group doesn't even charge licensing fees from model companies, ask the licensing lawyers at Auto Art and Minichamps if you don't believe me.

Hmmm....I can't help but wonder when the rest of the industry will adopt this simple hint...?

Charlie Larkin

I doubt this simple fact, since another simple fact is that VW Group doesn't even charge licensing fees from model companies, ask the licensing lawyers at Auto Art and Minichamps if you don't believe me. The plethora of Bugatti Veyron and all other VAG models out and about confirm this.

No, this is a failure of the kit manufactureres and nothing else. Bugattis are available as diecasts left, right, and center.

They're available as VERY EXPENSIVE diecasts from AutoArt at well over $100, with no participation by the lower-priced diecast companies, with a couple of 1:43 issues. How come no other diecast companies make them like the easily accessible EB 110?

Trust me, it's largely licensing. We've looked into it.

It is more expensive to license an Audi model than a Porsche or Ferrari and you are not going to get the sales numbers on an Audi kit as you would a Porsche or Ferrari. So you are just shooting yourself in the foot with a high license fee over fewer number of kits.

AMT and Revell would rather re-issue '32 Fords and Dukes of Hazzard kits, if we do get the new Bugatti,

it will be from overseas.

While I see what you are getting at, the Models you mention are some of the best selling model kits ever, so you can't fault them for reissuing, and updating those kits. I would like to see the amreican model companies take a more world view in their subject matter, but at the same time I believe that there are still a lot of subject that are in thier comfort zone that would sell well too.

• 1 year later...

If memory serves me right, the EB110 was initially an Italeri development, which came into the Revell AG fundus via the buyout in the late nineties.

Italeri had also announced a kit of the EB112 four door, and it was included in their catalog. It never went into production and thus joined the long list of 'ghost kits'.

• 10 months later...

There is a diecast Bugatti Veyron 1:24 made by Speedy in China since about a year. It is rather cheaper as the mentioned 160 USD and available on Ebay at 1- 2 Seller. The model is nice, the quality is about Maisto but a bit expensiver.

There is a diecast Bugatti Veyron 1:24 made by Speedy in China since about a year. It is rather cheaper as the mentioned 160 USD and available on Ebay at 1- 2 Seller. The model is nice, the quality is about Maisto but a bit expensiver.

yeah its got some quirks around the hood area im also its guessing from the pics that it falls below 1/25

• 4 months later...

Junkman, The Revell EB110 kit style looks too complex to have been of Italeri origin. As far as I am aware only 2 mainstream plastic kit manufacturers issued EB110 kits. Revell and Heller (The Heller one was also marketed under the Airfix banner)

Edited by Bugatti Fan

• 4 years later...