Model Cars Magazine Forum

hi Chuck,

I have a friend that is putting plans and parts together to build one of these trucks.I'm helping my friend Paul T on his project.he has a coule of resin cabs,but I do believe he is looking at building his own cab.we are getting as much info as we can on this project.Paul thinks that the resin cabs are not accurate enouch for him.I see the things he is talking about.we are looking at the frames and deciding weather the C Cab frame is good or weather we need to build a new one.thats about where we are on this project.Thanks,Chris

Hi Chuck:

I built one from a resin conversion from Austrailia, and I semi scratch built one, using a C series kit. The blue unit is the one I converted.

P1010143.jpg

P1010149.jpg

P1010088.jpg

P1010090.jpg

It has to be one of the ugliest trucks ever, but there is something just too cool about it also.

Cheers:

Bill

I really like these trucks. I might have to try my hand at one one of these days. I think my biggest problem will be getting the little details correct. Like the ladders, logos, and the headlights.

Bitner, your blue cab looks perfect! Excellent job. The Allied cab is vry nice, too.

A two story Falcon!!! There was a company here in town ad a small fleet of them years ago! The drivers hated them with a passion!:rolleyes:

There was one here in town this summer! A carnival still had it in use! If I would have been getting around better I would have gotten some pictures!

Two very nice builds, you took a fairly ugly :) truck and made them likable, nice job.

X2 Bill!!!

Never really gave these trucks a second look as a kid because they were so ugly, but looking at your builds now, it's sure easy to see how Ford shortcutted to make a "new" cab! :o

Never really gave these trucks a second look as a kid because they were so ugly, but looking at your builds now, it's sure easy to see how Ford shortcutted to make a "new" cab! :)

Many modelers here (including me) have the same thoughts about this truck. It is ugly, but it is attractive too.

Bill, I love your Fords.

Every time I see that Allied Van Lines Ford I swear I have seen that one in1:1 back when I was a kid!

That is probably the best representation of that truck I have seen. Not that the others I have seen are not equally as good but this one really stands out!B)

Don't that sleeper look nice and comfy!B) And drivers complained abot the sleeper in an Emoryvile!:lol:

Oddly, there's plenty of room for me to sleep behind the seat on a C-cab (or H-series, by proxy). Even with two passengers, one guy could theoretically sleep on the seat, and one on the shelf behind the seat.