Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My first 1/24 diorama

9 posts in this topic

Posted

This was my first attempt at weathering and building a 1/24 diorama. Thank you for looking

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

Posted

Hi...Mike...I like your diorama , specialy the ''flat tire'' , this detail is missing in most dioramas that represents time in rust details, but not on the tire....Great work............Barbo.

Posted

No thats a rust bucket even I wouldn't drag home!!!

great work!

Posted

that unit has definitely seen better days!

Posted

That will bring down property values!!! lol. on a serious note, what did you do to get the flat tire look? Heat it?

Posted

That will bring down property values!!! lol. on a serious note, what did you do to get the flat tire look? Heat it?

It's a combination of things and experimentation. I first tried melting them down with the side of a soldering iron. That did not work, so I cut off about 1/2 the height of the tire with my knife, then heated the edge (which looked much more natural) and finally took some putty and evened it out. I then painted it flat black to match the tire and weathered it. It's actually quite simple. I hope this helps you.

Posted

What kit is that?

Posted

Oh ok. I thought maybe just heating a tire on the tread would work, this does look realistic. thanks for sharing that

Posted

Nice job Mike. I'd be afraid to touch it as it would probably fall apart! :mrgreen: :(