Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Diorama on a peanut butter jar lid

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This little project was a T O N of fun to break the monotony of building cars etc. It's a 1/87 scale scene on a Jif peanut butter lid. :D I highly recommend trying to build one of these.

windmill1.jpg

windmill2.jpg

Posted · Report post

prety cool. I especially like the "Maverick"

Posted · Report post

I see Project "PBL" has moved from that other forum to this one. Great work, Mike.

Posted · Report post

Hi ..Mike , I am glad to know that I am not the only one , sometimes I break the rules and do something different , thank you for breaking the ice. Here is one of my dioramas in 1/87 (HO) scale. Its the ''Adams Family'' house from POLAR LIGHTS . I also have the model house from ''PSYCHO'' to build....hope you like it..............Barbo. http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/mb4985/000_0003.jpg http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o295/mb4985/000_0004.jpg

Posted · Report post

From the PBL challenge on "the other"board, here is an old Route 66 type gas sign from the Rocket Gas Station in Creston, Iowa...(sorry for the crappy pics)!

Pbl013.jpg

Pbl008.jpg

Pbl005.jpg

The base is made from drywall, carved to look like brick in front of cinder blocks. The sign is tubing, plastic & metal, and styrene. Scratchbuilt clutter (plumbers helper, air conditioner, lamp, boxes etc.) gives the base some personality.