Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks guys, I got the idea to build this truck from watching American loggers. Sort of a spring time in Maine heavy haul truck, I like the Western Stars they run but I had this kit and they do have some Macks.

Thanks guys, I got the idea to build this truck from watching American loggers. Sort of a spring time in Maine heavy haul truck, I like the Western Stars they run but I had this kit and they do have some Macks.

If I remember correctly, one of the Macks was just like this one, one of their loader cranes. I think they also used the front of one like this on the front of their resturant! They, at the end of the last season, were also starting to buy new Mack Granite tractors for the road trucks, and if I remember, Bonechrusher got the first one.

If I remember correctly, one of the Macks was just like this one, one of their loader cranes. I think they also used the front of one like this on the front of their resturant! They, at the end of the last season, were also starting to buy new Mack Granite tractors for the road trucks, and if I remember, Bonechrusher got the first one.

You may be right Mathew, I was thinking cab on the crane truck was centered on the frame. Sourkrouts has a resin kit called a RD-800, and I thought that is what the crane loader is on. Hard to tell, whenever they film it, its dark. Your right about Bonecrusher getting the first new Mack, and the older Pelletier got the second truck.

You may be right Mathew, I was thinking cab on the crane truck was centered on the frame. Sourkrouts has a resin kit called a RD-800, and I thought that is what the crane loader is on. Hard to tell, whenever they film it, its dark. Your right about Bonecrusher getting the first new Mack, and the older Pelletier got the second truck.

Yeah, they never really showed a very good shot of it, except when they had to fix the steering or something on it! :blink:

History channel should start around Feb or March.

Actually, American Loggers is on the Discovery Channel. I think you might be mixing it up with Ax Men on the History Channel. Either way, both are great shows. Of course, right now on Friday nights at 9:00 PM eastern, the Discovery Channel has new episodes of their other logging series Swamp Loggers, followed by a new series that just began last Friday at 10:00 PM eastern called Snow Men. It follows along with snow plow drivers in the mountains of Utah.

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since posting last, and I have some progress to report. I don't know how to update the title, so I hope somebody looks.I think I finally have all the major construction done, so all I have now is the smaller details and weathering100_2743.jpg?t=1291487201100_2744.jpg?t=1291487201100_2745.jpg?t=1291490396 do you guys think the front bumper is to big?