Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Summer 'Vette

Modellpularn

WOW! What a challenging project! While not the biggest fan of the car in the world, I can certainly appreciate your efforts to create such a truthful rendition! I can only imagine the time it took to get it right.

In other words, I like it! :D

Thanks,

While you don't have every detail right you've certainly captured the overall look of this unusual and some might say downright ugly Corvette.

I'm sure this must have been a challenging project to do and I'd be proud to have it on my display shelf. Good work !!!

rob w

Guest roadkill2525

My friend is cutting up his Corvette to like this one, he has spent about $23,000 just for the fiberglass panels. He doesn't know how to change the steering to right hand drive. He likes the 1:1 scale model cars.

Was this model featured in a model car magagzine a few years ago?

Great job!

Thanks for your kind words!

Yes, it was featured in Scale Auto about 20+ years ago, in their special Corvette issue. Think it was #50. Other than that, hmm not sure...

Oh, I know it's not 100% perfect. The interior should be red and gold crushed velvet. Had no good interior pics at the time I built it. But it's got "the look" How did Roxette get mixed up into this?? :wink: :roll:

About the steering conversion, I've found some links where it shows pics under the dash. You won't believe this, but it's done with an old motorcycle chain and two sprockets...!! Ugh! And no tensioner, just a sloppy chain. What were those guys thinking?! :roll: