Model Cars Magazine Forum

monster something

wgflatliner

Alright this is going to be my "post apocalypse semi-armor attack vehicle" something-rather.

Using the dodge rammunition kit, i'm going to use the complete build except the body of the truck. i plan on going with the whole armored truck theme, to include weapons. The gauze is going to be used to create a "cloth canopy" over the bed or rear of the truck, and will be painted along with the rest of the build.

The flak cannon i used is a 35th scale from Tristar, and the building part of it is complete. I just need to touch up paint, and weather it in order to call that "done" and i plan on mounting it either on the roof to one side, or in the back. This build is going to be 100% imagination, and i look to have FUN with it. I plan on taking my time (glacier speed) with it and want the outcome to be relatively decent.

There are also some other Tamiya weapons that will be added to this, among other touches.

Enjoy, as i plan to!

box art:

DSC02590.jpg

parts tree:

DSC02574.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

Rocket crates in progress of being painted:

DSC02575.jpg

Interior floor pan started.

DSC02577.jpg

Engine (most of it will not be visible, but i will be working on making it more presentable:

DSC02579.jpg

DSC02580.jpg

Armored flak cannon thing (in scale it looks almost like maybe a 50 cal):

DSC02582.jpg

DSC02583.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02587.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

DSC02589.jpg

That's all for now!

• 2 weeks later...

i also made progress with this.. thing..

i don't like the motor that comes with the kit, but it won't matter since you will only see a small portion of it once it's all done.

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

tore the seat

DSC02598.jpg

it's done in medium green, and all i've done with the motor is spark plug wires and a throttle cable. it won't be super detailed.

as far as the globs of glue and other glue boogers, that's all fine with me! battle damage!

i'm still debating on a color scheme. i am probably going to go medium green and gunmetal camouflage, considering post apocalypse would assumptively be a darkish/medium green and mostly gray in general.

or i could just wing it as i go on.

made some progress. Finished up the construction of the chassis, and mudded it up a bit using a tamiya weathering stick.

I decided that since my local IPMS chapter is doing a winter effects theme build, that i'm going to do this up in the winter camo, with a winter looking muddy trail diorama.

In the photos i started mocking up some armor panels.

DSC02623.jpg

DSC02625.jpg

mud and lack of cleaning. after all it IS an off road vehicle. not that you want to impress your enemies with how shiny it is.

DSC02628.jpg

DSC02631.jpg

DSC02632.jpg

Gonna go get some panels painted up, and will have some decent progress over the weekend.

thanks for looking!

Nice Afganistan street sweeper.I'm not a big fan of the pro-monster trucks.But,this is a good way to settle that problem.I like the green color on the frame.And the seat rips look real too.Nice job on this.I hear North Korea is making these?J/K :lol:

Edited by Terror

a little update. first time attempting an airbrush. it'll be a flash vs no flash comparison, mostly so you can tell the differences between the shades, and the flash shows the actual colors.

no flash:

DSC02633.jpg

flash:

DSC02634.jpg

i will be trying to finish all the rest of the panels as soon as i can gain access to an airbrush again. shouldn't be too hard.

• 2 weeks later...

alright got a little bit more done with this..

the camouflage is done (ended up hand painting it, as it was faster, and it dried without brush strokes). winter netting is over the back as well.

to do:

another weapon on the rear tripod, sheet metal front "blades", detail painting, headlights, fog lights, and exhaust weathering/washes.

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02664.jpg

DSC02663.jpg

DSC02666.jpg

i hope to get this wrapped up pretty soon. once i get the rear weapon done, it should be smooth sailing.