Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

This is pretty much my dream truck, I am going to try to find a nice headache rack for it and a flatbed trailer.

Looking good Ernie!

As for a headache rack, would this work?

HPIM1736.jpg

I'm by no means a professional caster, but I made a mold of this one I modified from the headache rack in Revell of Germany's Pete 359 kit. I made one for another member here, and here's a link to his build he used it on.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31022&st=0&p=306848&fromsearch=1&#entry306848

If you're interested in one, PM me. ;)

UMMM Matt I had a great Idea at 1:30 in the morning can you change that to a K35 it's now 4wd. :lol:

Parts lay out.

FILE1114.jpg

what I'm actually using

FILE1117.jpg

what will combine and make a stock 400 4 barrel chevy engine

FILE1118.jpg

FILE1119.jpg

wait that transmission isn't a turbo 350, well I can fix that

FILE1121.jpg

FILE1122.jpg

FILE1123.jpg

what were keeping

FILE1124.jpg

whats going back to the junk boxes

FILE1125.jpg

top is the kit axel bottom is my axel made from a old Dana 44 rear axel and some sprue and the wheel retainers from the kit axel

FILE1127.jpg

Edited by Nick Winter

Is that the newer revell kit? Those tires are terrible! I was fixing up my Revell Pete 359 last night and broke some of them. Mine are oddly misshaped aswell. Overall, Absolutely terrible tires!

You may be able to find better ones on sourkraut's they have a great selection. I have not ordered from them yet but lot's of other members here have and I hear it's a great place. Sourkraut's

Yeah its the newer kit, The tires sag and dont touch the rims in some spots.

Is that site you gave the only option or are there others?

Thanks

I would like to get involved! I've got a Kenworth W-925 partially started and a peerless log trailer both where new kits. I will send a pic of what Im starting with at least in the next couple days. Gotta get to bed. Started snowing and I haul logs. Ugh! lol

Sure thing Ryan, we have a special Lumberjack breakfast just for the stick haulers at the MCM Cafe! B) I'll get you added to the list.

Stay safe in the snow tomorrow! B)

Yeah its the newer kit, The tires sag and dont touch the rims in some spots.

Is that site you gave the only option or are there others?

Thanks

I have found that the best and cheapest tires are from Italeri. The cheapest price is from KFS If you go to the special supplies section, they are under the "Miscellaneous Products" yellow heading. You can get a bag of 12 super singles or regulars for about $12.00. However, the company is based out of the UK so you will probably want to make a larger order to make it worth your while. They have very good customer service. Very nice company.

STewart

Matt, still time to get in on this build? Being that it's still Nov 2010 and all. If so, put me down for Chevy Titan 90 and a set of 27 ft pups.

Barry

Oh, yeah, Barry, you have pletty of time! :D I will get you added to the list. :D

There is a "Rubber Duck" kit but its hard to find. And ive heard that it is not very equivalent to the real one. They say its kinda different. But thats just what ive heard.

Yeah, I had one when I was a kid. Nice truck, but it's not even close to what they used in the movie. Wrong wheels, decals, cab everything is wrong. You can build one though if you find all the right parts. The truck I wanted a kit of in that comment was the one of the Dodge in that pic I posted. I did find a resin Dodge finally, but it's not that version. It's an older truck, not sure of the year without doing some research on it though.

I got my Diamond Reo in today. As soon as I can get a pic of it, I'll post it on here.

Matt, still time to get in on this build? Being that it's still Nov 2010 and all. If so, put me down for Chevy Titan 90 and a set of 27 ft pups.

Barry

Got the photobucket thing working in my head. (Think it was operator error) Heres my pics.

Barry

125.jpg124.jpg126.jpg

Edited by txdieseldog