Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

Well I did a bit more, as a side note the wheels are on there only temporarily. and I changed my mind about the lights, can't figure a way to hide all that junk.

mocked it up (sits pretty high right)

FILE1157.jpg

FILE1158.jpg

Started on the bed, scratchbuilt some hinges so the storage compartments will open, I'll put tools and some other stuff in them.

FILE1159.jpg

FILE1166.jpg

FILE1167.jpg

FILE1168.jpg

Scratchbuilt a working wheel lift, still need to build the mount and the hydraulics, but when done it'll raise and lower, it'll pivot, and it'll extend and retract.

FILE1160.jpg

FILE1161.jpg

FILE1162.jpg

FILE1163.jpg

FILE1165.jpg

FILE1164.jpg

Of course there not finished products, they still need cleaned up and smoothed.

Edited by Nick Winter

I'll have to post some pics later, but here's a small update for me. On the Paystar the dump bed is complete and shot in aluminum metalizer and then rubbed out and shot with a dull coat to make it look like it's been outside for some time and lost it's shine. I did a test on a spoon before I painted the bed and it looked pretty realistic to me.

I saw two pics of the V800 engine in both IH red or a blue metallic paint. So, I did mine in IH red. IT must have something to do with the year model or options as to that engine color. I never could find that out. I added some oil lines to the engine that are the same color as the block. It appears the engine was painted after these lines were installed. I used some outdoor phone wire that was pretty close in color since the engine was already painted at this point.

At this time the Diamond Reo has been stripped and cleaned up. Just need to strip the tanks and paint and polish them and then I can begin on the truck.

Waiting on a big order from Krauts that should be here by end of the week. Still need to order some more stuff from them so I can fix all three trucks.

Still trying to get all my parts rounded up for my Movin On KW.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

Edited by dwc43

Those are both looking nice so far, Rick.

Your Kenworth is the AMT kit with the long frame, right? I figured out the long frame in that kit was from the older issues of the race truck haulers, and AMT just reissued them without the hauler body.

Matt, thank you for the kind words, the kw is the Revell of Germany re-issue, the frame is a goof on my part, I went too far, sooo I will fix it by putting a drom box on it and it will get the van trailer when it is released, the flat bed is scratch built, it will have real wood decking,

thank you for looking--and starting this cbp, this was just the "kick" I needed to get back to killing plastic

Matt, thank you for the kind words, the kw is the Revell of Germany re-issue, the frame is a goof on my part, I went too far, sooo I will fix it by putting a drom box on it and it will get the van trailer when it is released, the flat bed is scratch built, it will have real wood decking,

thank you for looking--and starting this cbp, this was just the "kick" I needed to get back to killing plastic

You're welcome, Rick, and sometimes those little goofs turn out for the better in the long run! B) I'm looking forward to the flatbed, too, I've been throwing around the idea of scratchbuilding a 48' spread axle for a while now.

You're also quite welcome for the CBP, that was my goal from the start, just to get some trucks out of the box and on the road, and for us to have fun doing it! :)

Well Here she is so far, I have to put on a few decals and finish painting a few things. I am going to put on a headache rack and once I find a trailer I will add air lines. I am also going to buy better rims and tires once I find a good set.

Getting closer to being done!!

051-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

045-3.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

041-2.jpg

039-1.jpg

Well Here she is so far, I have to put on a few decals and finish painting a few things. I am going to put on a headache rack and once I find a trailer I will add air lines. I am also going to buy better rims and tires once I find a good set.

Getting closer to being done!!

045-3.jpg

Matt, I sure am glad that this build goes till the end of next year. At this rate I think BigErn here could add several more units to indulge us with. I say keep on building Ern. Although your making me look bad with my progress.......... :lol: but, keep on building. The more the merrier!

Barry