Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

I took it back on the bench, and the interior is now finished. I painted that wooden part of the dash again, and cauges are gloss black. Interior was very simple overall, but actually it looks pretty good, when completed. Also added some black wash on the grille, and installed it on the place. Body is painted flat black from inside too, so I'm getting ready for installing glass parts, and then this thing is starting to come togheter. Fuel tanks are stripped off from the chrome plating, and after a bit of sanding, they are ready for silver paint.

P4140041.jpg

P4140042.jpg

P4140043.jpg

P4140044.jpg

P4140048.jpg

Little paint touches will be added to the interior, before gluing it to the body.

One More ;)

P4140052.jpg

Thanx, Christopher!

Those body colored tanks (can't remember what tanks they are...), are cleared now. I could install them soon, but gas tanks aren't still ready, and I can't install the cab because of that. But hopefully soon, I can. B)

P4150076.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Man, what a blow out. You need to stop overloading that thing or get some tag axles ... LOL!!!

Man, what a blow out. You need to stop overloading that thing or get some tag axles ... LOL!!!

Those are'nt blowouts! He left it unattended at the Petro in West Memphis,az.. Edited by donkeypuncher76

Actually Dingo, here in the states the 5th wheelers like the one I posted the pic of in the opening post of the thread fall under the same US DOT regulations as us big trucks do, and the reason I've allowed them to be in the build. They are a common sight in the truckstops here, too. B)

As for your entry, I will get it added to the list here shortly and if anyone has been missed, please send me a PM and let me know to add your entry, and please do it by PM ONLY so I don't miss it here in the thread! The reason is I haven't been able to work on the little big rigs lately because I have been working on something a little larger, this!

012212105146.jpg

This is my 2012 Pete 386 that I have been cruising the nation's highways in! I had a very bad December and on top of being jobless, I also lost my home I was renting and the relationship I had with my now ex fiancee of 10 years. So, being out of work, homeless and alone, I decided to go back to the road. As such, until I have the chance to get mobile internet services, my time to check in on the forum is very limited to time that I spend in a motel room as I'm doing at the moment or when I get home to a friend's house.

Keep building on and hopefully soon I can at least get things straightened out so I can build again, in the meantime I'll be rolling down the highway in the 1:1!!

My former "house", 06 western star loaded with all we need! I know how ya feel and what your going thru bro, been there myself, cancer and some other health %%$%$ has taken that too. Prayers to ya, and i pm'd you for my hopeful contribution . a hopeful replica of my papas freightliner coe, w/ chopped fruehauf f/b into a double drop.

c

My amt coe Freightliner, need a trailer and some work this week. pics, and factory papers i found cas close as memory serves for colors, thx. sorry for such a big album guys.freightlinerwork.jpgIMG_20120515_084120.jpgIMG_20120515_084044.jpgIMG_20120515_084020.jpgIMG_20120515_084215.jpgIMG_20120513_063851.jpgIMG_20120525_183628.jpgIMG_20120525_183445.jpgIMG_20120527_164258.jpgfreightlinerbrochure.jpg trying for top left,same as coe in color, oh btw Highway, NICE 2 see a "weenie wagon" parked backed in straight...awesome forum, can't believe it took so long to stumble onto it, great work you guys.

June 30th is approaching quickly and though it's sad to say I don't think I'll be making the deadline with both of my entries, I managed to finish the Jeep, but my wrecker keeps dragging on, anyway, this is the stage it is at.

GEDC2144.jpg

GEDC2145.jpg

GEDC2146.jpg

I Plan to finish before the year is out, after all If I don't it'll be 3 years in the making.

Nick

June 30th is approaching quickly and though it's sad to say I don't think I'll be making the deadline with both of my entries, I managed to finish the Jeep, but my wrecker keeps dragging on, anyway, this is the stage it is at.

GEDC2144.jpg

GEDC2145.jpg

GEDC2146.jpg

I Plan to finish before the year is out, after all If I don't it'll be 3 years in the making.

Nick

When stumbled onto this threa, i can't how much i didn't do the rest of the day,lol. Have seen your tower come together, lotta work. The boogers on knife lines, wrongly drawn stripes

,yes the roomates extremely horrid child. Itried a few things today that will have paint going again. that kit is mother to seemless and smooth i almost cried..

• 4 weeks later...

OK.....Here I come....sliding in under the wire....truck has been built for a while....and even got a first place at the IPMSNOVA show last month. The problem has been "Photo Bucket" and my lack of computer savvy. Enough whining....on with the model,

The truck is the first of the three that i signed on for...Freightliner COE and Fruehauf flatbed.

Started with a Round 2 reissue, built straight out of the box. I found a Freightliner sales brochure and wanted something a little different, so I chose the "Oxnard" ]paint scheme.

IMG_5529A.jpg

Painted with Testors Model Masters Laquers and clear coat, stripes are painted...gotta love Tamiya masking tape. Black pinstripe between colors is from "Detail Masters"

IMG_5235A.jpg

Added extras include some plumbing and wiring on both the engine and chassis using small wire and solder, I also closed in the back of the steps on the cab and used "Scale Hardware" acorn nuts on the front wheels to dress them up. I also added weather strip around wheel well openings and used "BMF" to dress up a few things.

IMG_5527A.jpg

IMG_5520A.jpgIMG_5506A.jpg

I joined it with the reissue of the Fruefauf flatbed, painted the same green as truck chassis and light gray. Extras on the trailer include, scratch built tool box, spare tire carrier, strap winders and step ladder. The "load" are small cardboard boxes covered in paper towel soaked in white glue and painted with acrylics, rolled tarps are the same. Straps are ribbon from the sewing department at Wal-Mart

IMG_8673A.jpg

IMG_8668A.jpg

IMG_8659A.jpg

IMG_8653A.jpg

Thanks for looking....

If the Freightliner was sliding in under the wire on the deadline....then this one is skidding in sideways!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:I will post a couple of pictures tonight with a brief description to beat the deadline for the build and to a more detailed description with more pictures in "Big Rigs" tomorrow. (My third build for the Community Build...Titan with a tanker, never even came close...Oh, Well) Anyway..back to this one...

The end result is no where near the direction I started...but I am really pleased with the end result. I was originally going to use the Revell wrecker body from the Kenworth kit...for an "updated rebuilt" looking wrecker. Then I stumbled on a 1/25 "First Gear" NAPA Holmes wrecker on Ebay for next to nothing.....changed directions and I think you will agree...It just looks right.

Started with the AMT Autocar dumptruck kit, lengthed the frame (probably should have reinforced it a little looking at the pictures) used the sleeper from an AMT Peterbilt 359 and the wrecker body from the diecast.

557A.jpg559A.jpg561A.jpg563A.jpg

OK.....Here I come....sliding in under the wire....truck has been built for a while....and even got a first place at the IPMSNOVA show last month. The problem has been "Photo Bucket" and my lack of computer savvy. Enough whining....on with the model,

The truck is the first of the three that i signed on for...Freightliner COE and Fruehauf flatbed.

Started with a Round 2 reissue, built straight out of the box. I found a Freightliner sales brochure and wanted something a little different, so I chose the "Oxnard" ]paint scheme.

IMG_5529A.jpg

Painted with Testors Model Masters Laquers and clear coat, stripes are painted...gotta love Tamiya masking tape. Black pinstripe between colors is from "Detail Masters"

IMG_5235A.jpg

Added extras include some plumbing and wiring on both the engine and chassis using small wire and solder, I also closed in the back of the steps on the cab and used "Scale Hardware" acorn nuts on the front wheels to dress them up. I also added weather strip around wheel well openings and used "BMF" to dress up a few things.

IMG_5527A.jpg

IMG_5520A.jpgIMG_5506A.jpg

I joined it with the reissue of the Fruefauf flatbed, painted the same green as truck chassis and light gray. Extras on the trailer include, scratch built tool box, spare tire carrier, strap winders and step ladder. The "load" are small cardboard boxes covered in paper towel soaked in white glue and painted with acrylics, rolled tarps are the same. Straps are ribbon from the sewing department at Wal-Mart

IMG_8673A.jpg

IMG_8668A.jpg

IMG_8659A.jpg

IMG_8653A.jpg

Thanks for looking....

###### nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! so close to what i wanted to do, but i'm in cab redo mode, very very nice job.

Howdy y'all from the shadow of the Gateway Arch in East St. Louis IL! I'm still on the road and not building, and with this being the case, I have added this to the first post on the first page:

EDIT: DUE TO LIFE ON THE ROAD CRUISING THE NATION IN MY 1:1, THIS BUILD WILL NOW HAVE AN ENDING DATE OF TO BE ANNOUNCED!!! I HAVE VERY LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS AND WILL CATCH EVERYTHING UP ONCE I COME OFF THE ROAD AND ANNOUNCE A NEW END DATE AT THAT TIME!!!!

Feel free to keep building, and once I do come off the road again, I will start building again and figure up a new ending date and then FINALLY we will have the MCM truck show!

By the way, if anyone is going to Walcott for the Iowa 80 Trucker's Jamboree on July 12 and 13, I hope to see you there! I've already made plans to take time off there for the show! I plan on taking a LOT of pics to get some new build ideas!

Howdy y'all from the shadow of the Gateway Arch in East St. Louis IL! I'm still on the road and not building, and with this being the case, I have added this to the first post on the first page:

EDIT: DUE TO LIFE ON THE ROAD CRUISING THE NATION IN MY 1:1, THIS BUILD WILL NOW HAVE AN ENDING DATE OF TO BE ANNOUNCED!!! I HAVE VERY LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS AND WILL CATCH EVERYTHING UP ONCE I COME OFF THE ROAD AND ANNOUNCE A NEW END DATE AT THAT TIME!!!!

Feel free to keep building, and once I do come off the road again, I will start building again and figure up a new ending date and then FINALLY we will have the MCM truck show!

By the way, if anyone is going to Walcott for the Iowa 80 Trucker's Jamboree on July 12 and 13, I hope to see you there! I've already made plans to take time off there for the show! I plan on taking a LOT of pics to get some new build ideas!

Good luck bro,keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up, I love the 80, my min-pin not so much; there is a "dog-o-mat" next to the truck wash. A lil ramp to walk him up, a leash to keep 'em there and a 6 cycle doggie car wash complete with airdry!

• 2 weeks later...

Up date,P&P resin lights. wax and buffed.

IMG_0003-4.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0005-1.jpg

Hi all. No update on this.As a rule my Summer build time gets cut. every one is starting to head home from summer trips So will be back at in the next few weeks. Now if I can remember were I left off. Edited by clayton

• 1 month later...

the back glass is a decal from the revell f250, the newer one that has the brown and white one on the box if i remember right. i've not done decals in some years so it was kind of a pain but i just kinda outlined it and then put in right on the "glass"

the back glass is a decal from the revell f250, the newer one that has the brown and white one on the box if i remember right. i've not done decals in some years so it was kind of a pain but i just kinda outlined it and then put in right on the "glass"

thanks kevin...ill keep an eye out for them!

This would be the one you want to keep looking for, Sean.

HPIM2939.jpg