Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

Nick, nice lights. They look like aftermarket units, was it ordered without them originally? LOL, just joking. It's looking really good. I need to find a set or build a visor for my plow.

I thought they looked to modern too but then I found that they look like most cab lights of the late 70's GM's. Think they came from a 1/32nd scale diecast big rig but I could be wrong.

Thanks.

Nick

I want in as well. I have two different ideas, just not sure which one to go with. Probably going to go with my '80 crew cab Dodge resin kit with 36' galaxy trailer with a few twists. I know I will be asking for help a few times though.

I will post pics soon.

Jeremy

I want in as well. I have two different ideas, just not sure which one to go with. Probably going to go with my '80 crew cab Dodge resin kit with 36' galaxy trailer with a few twists. I know I will be asking for help a few times though.

I will post pics soon.

Jeremy

Sure thing Jeremy, and don't worry about asking questions, we'll all be glad to help. :D

MAN I IVE BEEN OUT SO LONG I WANT IN NOT SURE WHAT KIT YET BUT I HAVE SOME IDEAS

Sorry I missed your post Walther, I've been having techinical difficulties (Read a crashed computer and using just my laptop! :lol: ) and I must have missed it until now. You are welcome and when you have an idea what you will build, let me know. :D

I will add both of you to the list. :blink:

Jeremy if there about the dodge it's self I may be able to help, have lots of 1:1 pictures and a few brochure scans.

Nick

Thanks Nick.

I think I have decided what I am going to do. I need to pick up a few kits and a WHOLE bunch of parts. I am going to use the crew cab Dodge and put a flat bed on it as the resin bed is totally wrong. I will probably end up building a custom frame so I can have a slightly lifted 4X4. I need to find a fifth wheel flat bed trailer (does anyone know if there are any out there?) for it to pull with a Dodge pulling truck on it. Looks like I will have to get a Thunder Struck kit (They have gotten expensive). Also, does anyone make a 1/25 truck cummins? How about resin 4x4 parts, winches, roll bars, etc...? I feel this is going to be expensive. lol. If anyone has any Dodge truck kits or parts they will sell (I really don't have anything to trade as I am just getting back into building), please let me know. Thanks all, Jeremy

A12Runner Icon

Posted Today, 09:47 PM

View PostNick Winter, on 06 February 2011 - 06:32 PM, said:

Also, does anyone make a 1/25 truck cummins? How about resin 4x4 parts, winches, roll bars, etc...? I feel this is going to be expensive. lol. If anyone has any Dodge truck kits or parts they will sell (I really don't have anything to trade as I am just getting back into building), please let me know. Thanks all, Jeremy

Al2Runner,

No one makes a cummins pickup engine - yet :) . I just finished making a 6.7 cummins from scratch and it is at a resin casters. Probably won't be done for a month or so though.

STewart

I put the engine together to take pics and then I am going to take it apart to send to alan. The tranny is from an F-350 dually, the pulleys are from the parts box as is the power steering reservoir and alternator. Everything else is scratch built.

Here is a link to the build

P1030272.jpg

P1030273.jpg

P1030275.jpg

P1030278.jpg

P1030280.jpg

P1030282.jpg

Here is a picture of the instructions I drew for the engine.

instructions.jpg

Edited by stewart

Stewart.

That is awesome. Any idea of how much it will cost when completed? I can already tell you that I will take one. B) is it going to come with a trans? Is there anyone out there that make T-cases? Looks like I will have to take some good pics of my real cummins for reference.

Highway,

Is this build eligible for entry? I would like to enter it. This is going to be a shop/parts van for my now imaginary but soon to be started custom car shop and showroom. I am now in the process of building vehicles for it i.e. a small tow truck, a car transporter, a race team, and a bunch of Mopar show cars. The van is going to have a 6.4 liter hemi (the new kind. I am now doing research) and allison tranny (scratchbuilt) ladder bars and airbags out back, a custom dash, race seats, and a bunch of shelves and cabinets for parts in the back. The trailer will have a few tools, more room for parts, and enough room for a small car.

DSCN4041.jpg

DSCN4042.jpg

Pic of the engine from the Revell Dodge Challenger

DSCN4044.jpg

The wheels. Lower ones are the fronts, uppers are the rears

DSCN4043.jpg

STewart

Looks like everyone else here has been busy!! Some very nice models coming together here as well as a couple of finished ones!! Not much progress here, I sat down the other night and got my frame together as well as a couple of other assemblies. Was able to do a quick mock-up.... B)

110209_001.jpg

Rick

Rick, i like the spoked wheels and the filled in steps. i want to fill the steps on my next Freightliner too or reshape the bottom of the cab some maybe.

i finished my truck and a C900 too, trying to decide what's next

Thank You!! :rolleyes: Filling the steps was one of the easiest things to do. I figured with so many of us doing this truck for this, I should try something new (for me) and different :D

Highway,

Is this build eligible for entry? I would like to enter it. This is going to be a shop/parts van for my now imaginary but soon to be started custom car shop and showroom. I am now in the process of building vehicles for it i.e. a small tow truck, a car transporter, a race team, and a bunch of Mopar show cars. The van is going to have a 6.4 liter hemi (the new kind. I am now doing research) and allison tranny (scratchbuilt) ladder bars and airbags out back, a custom dash, race seats, and a bunch of shelves and cabinets for parts in the back. The trailer will have a few tools, more room for parts, and enough room for a small car.

Sure Stewart, I'll allow it. Hey, for all we know, it could be the MCM Truckstop's racing team and what the boys in the shop are working on when they ain't working on the big trucks! :angry::angry::angry:

By the way, sorry it took so long to reply, I've been pulling my hair out trying to get everything reinstalled on my main computer after some jerk hacked one of my email accounts and dummy me accidentally opened the virus that was in it! :) At least one good thing came out of it, my friend that built it originally upgraded the motherboard and threw in an extra 160 GB hard drive for me! :D That now gives it 3 hard drives. :o

Wow! no fair. Can I borrow your friend??? :huh:

STewart

I don't know, I could see if I could knock him out and send him to you, but shipping would be outrageous! B):lol::lol:

EDIT:And while he's gone, I could finally clean out his model room of all the kits I want! :lol:;)

Edited by highway

Well, I got the resin crew cab yesterday and let me just say, I am not impressed (good thing I was already planning a flat bed). The door lines are crooked and .... It's just not good. But I will try to make it work anyway. I am going to end up doing a full custom frame I think too. I want it to be a 4X4 and there is no way to mod the frame that came with it. I will try to get some decent pics in a bit.

Jeremy

Here's pics of the major project. Not worth the $60 I gave for it for sure. After looking at it closer, I have to build my own frame as the front end isn't even on level. It's also missing the rear door post and the list goes on. I know resin kits are a bit tougher than regular kits, but this is bad.

769cbd4f.jpg

bda72188.jpg

ef62e60e.jpg

ede6bd3b.jpg

9802f22e.jpg

e537a77f.jpg

9d417e2d.jpg

Here's pics of the major project. Not worth the $60 I gave for it for sure. After looking at it closer, I have to build my own frame as the front end isn't even on level. It's also missing the rear door post and the list goes on. I know resin kits are a bit tougher than regular kits, but this is bad.

Jeremy, bad IS NOT the word for that, JUNK is more fitting and the only proper word for use here on the forum! Many other offensive four letter words could be used instead! B)

Seriously, if you just bought that from a resin caster, I would ask for a better one or my money back. Yes, resin is harder to work with, but that is just junk casting that the caster should have NEVER let leave his business! I would be embarrassed if that was my casting.

By the way, too, be very careful handling that interior. One false move and the very thin area by the driver's corner of the front seat will have your finger straight through it.