Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

Yes I read it, just wasn't sure how thick it was and if there was an alternative, I look at some pictures that were hung, and it seemed thick.

I'll check Micheal's this weekend.

thanks,

Nick

Not a problem Nick, and if you get to Michael's before me and find some that is thin enough, let me know what size it is!!! :unsure::lol::lol: With the reissue of the old Chevy/GMC wrecker from Revell this fall and the 6 or so "Midnight Cowboy" wreckers I have floating around, I'M GONNA NEED IT!!! :lol:

Well, since it looks like I'm not the only one stuck in neutral, the deadline has been extended until June 30, 2012. That will still give us six months for the forum to pick the "winner" at the first annual MCM Truckstop and Chrome Shop truck show before the world ends!! :D:lol::lol:

Extended deadline? I could almost add another entry! (Almost ;) ) Some progress, the trailer is basicly done. Still need to do the reefer parts, come up with some decals, and do some finish detailing on both the tractor and trailer.

cid__110413_002.jpg

cid__110413_003.jpg

cid__110414_001.jpg

cid__110419_001.jpg

At least the finish line is in sight!! B)

Rick

Extended deadline? I could almost add another entry! (Almost :blink: )

Feel free to do so if you want Rick, the MCM Truckstop is the Iowa 80 of the model world, so we have PLENTY of parking!! B)

The trailer is looking great. Are you using the Coors decals on it? If so, set the reefer at 38 degrees, that's what they haul it at! ;):lol: That was one of my favorite loads I ever hauled, over 2000 cases of cold Coors staring at me when I climbed in the trailer to put load locks in it, that made me thirsty!! :o

Oh, just for the scale gearjammers that haven't driven the real things, the Iowa 80 reference is to the Iowa 80 truckstop in Walcott, IA, the world's largest truckstop. If I remember correctly, it sits on over 600 acres of land, and is a very nice place to spend a night! Here's a link to their website.

http://iowa80truckstop.com/

Feel free to do so if you want Rick, the MCM Truckstop is the Iowa 80 of the model world, so we have PLENTY of parking!! :unsure:

The trailer is looking great. Are you using the Coors decals on it? If so, set the reefer at 38 degrees, that's what they haul it at! :lol::lol: That was one of my favorite loads I ever hauled, over 2000 cases of cold Coors staring at me when I climbed in the trailer to put load locks in it, that made me thirsty!! :lol:

Oh, just for the scale gearjammers that haven't driven the real things, the Iowa 80 reference is to the Iowa 80 truckstop in Walcott, IA, the world's largest truckstop. If I remember correctly, it sits on over 600 acres of land, and is a very nice place to spend a night! Here's a link to their website.

http://iowa80truckstop.com/

Thank You!! :D No, I wasn't going to use the Coors decals, I was going to try and make up my own! I was goofing around with the Testors Decal Maker software the other day, and think I can use that. I think I have the basic layout down, just have to play with colors some more. One of the companies I worked for had permits for all the trucks to haul alcoholic beverages. I never got one of those loads. Someone who knew me must have advised them against giving me one!! :lol::lol:

Rick

A little update for this one. I primered the cab, and some other smaller parts. They looked fine, so I painted the cab orange, and frame is now black. The front section of the body is still in primer. I must paint it soon. Also I painted interior floor black, door panels and some other parts are painted gray. I must continue building the dash now, I have painted it brown, but it needs some orange clear to simulate wood.

P6070342.jpg

P6070343.jpg

P6070345.jpg

P6090374.jpg

P6090375.jpg

P6090376.jpg

P6120414-1.jpg

P6120415.jpg

P6120416.jpg

P6120417.jpg

Edited by W-409

A little update for this one. I primered the cab, and some other smaller parts. They looked fine, so I painted the cab orange, and frame is now black. The front section of the body is still in primer. I must paint it soon. Also I painted interior floor black, door panels and some other parts are painted gray. I must continue building the dash now, I have painted it brown, but it needs some orange clear to simulate wood.

P6070342.jpg

P6070343.jpg

P6070345.jpg

P6090374.jpg

P6090375.jpg

P6090376.jpg

P6120414-1.jpg

P6120415.jpg

P6120416.jpg

P6120417.jpg

i have to ask!

WHAT COLOR OF ORANGE IS THAT??? :)

Nice progress Niko and Gordon! :P Since after three days of fighting a u-joint out of the driveshaft of my 1:1 is FINALLY over, maybe I can get a little time to get back to the bench! ;)

i know all about u-joints in trucks..hope it wasnt a spl 250 those bite';';

It wasn't in my 1:1 big truck, I don't have one of those anymore!! ;):P It was in this:

HPIM1845.jpg

The little bugger just didn't want to make my life easy, and it would have helped if I had more than Jeremy Clarkson's favorite tool to change it! :lol:

Oh, and just for those that may not watch the British "Top Gear" like me, Jeremy Clarkson's favorite tool is a hammer! :lol::lol:

Thanx, Gordon!Your Dodge L700 is looking really cool too! Is that Dodge A100 "panel version" somekind of resin kit? It looks very interesting. Your Lonestar chassis is also looking good! I'm doing today an order to Modelexpress... One International Lonestar, and '64 Ford Falcon. I also have bought one Peterbilt, so I'm maybe going to do an entry with those too...

The little bugger just didn't want to make my life easy, and it would have helped if I had more than Jeremy Clarkson's favorite tool to change it! :)

Oh, and just for those that may not watch the British "Top Gear" like me, Jeremy Clarkson's favorite tool is a hammer! :):lol:

"If something doesn't fit, take a hammer... If it doesn't help, take a bigger hammer!" :D :D

P6090376.jpg

Holy Nose-Bleed Batman! Gotta love those well detailed interiors! :lol: (and I mean the kit's molding, not your painting). Does that thing come with an aluminum extension ladder to get up into that bunk? How about some hospital bed rails, that looks like a long fall into a narrow opening! :) :)

Thanx, Gordon!Your Dodge L700 is looking really cool too! Is that Dodge A100 "panel version" somekind of resin kit? It looks very interesting. Your Lonestar chassis is also looking good! I'm doing today an order to Modelexpress... One International Lonestar, and '64 Ford Falcon. I also have bought one Peterbilt, so I'm maybe going to do an entry with those too...

yes the van is a resin conversion for lrw..