Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

Just painted the wrong side of the front clip. It's now orange. Maybe at the end of this week, I can paint the outside of it, if the weather is good. But also I've done some interior work, I'm trying to get some pics from the interior soon, but not today.

P6200288.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, folks... I'm glad to say that after an almost two-month long rough patch (concerning my health and almost non-existent energy level) where I haven't done squat in the modeling realm other than peruse my favorite forums ( this one and two that focus on warships...), I sat down at the desk today, for about an hour, and actually put some pieces together... So, believing that I'm on the mend and slowly getting back into the swing of things, I'm going to officially put my foot in the door here with this idea....

This.... Yes, the venerable old W900....

2yx4vx1.jpg

Combined with the cargobox and liftgate from the Ford Louisville Delivery Truck kit... (BTW, thanks again to Justbill for sending me these parts!)

1t928h.jpg

Basically, all I'll have to modify is the wheelbase with a two-and-a-half inch (actual) frame stretch and land the 5th wheel. Otherwise the box and truck will be built stock. Maybe add an APU on one side and a frame mount toolbox on the other between the tanks and the drives... Since the box has such nice detail inside and out, it'll be modeled with the doors open and loaded with 'Speed parts'... I'll raid the parts boxes for model'A' frames, drag frames, engines, wheels, tires and such and properly package them for delivery... I'm seeing engines and frames and a body tub or two, packed in wood 'skeleton crates' waiting to be delivered to their new owners...

I just wanted to let everyone know here that I may not be around much for a little while, my fiancee and I lost our cat yesterday and I'm just not in much of a model mood and may not be for a while, just in case any of you missed this post.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45921

That does not mean that the build will not continue, it will and everyone keep on truckin! I just have to get over the loss of our precious baby girl first.

102_0286.jpg

hey guys...'memba me?

Here is the chassis for what was going to be a ups truck....this is too fun to build a simple brown truck..lol

2011-07-11_00-38-54_75.jpg

2011-07-11_00-39-10_825.jpg

this kit started as a dual drive sleeper kit from Hobby Lobby, but I swapped parts and cut the sleeper down to day cab length for this one. just a basic rig, but still i've got a cool paint scheme planned. I'm also converting to the single headlights.

This kit is my first attempt at detailing a truck motor and chassis. I've taken a few liberties due to lack of reference material but I think it looks good and that's all that matters I guess...lol

file0056.jpg

this is the paint job that spoke to me and said "build me"

my single drive day cab will be joined with a sleeper cap dual drive in the future with the same headlights and paint job, only with a turbo cummins pilfered from elsewhere

Thanks guys...paint is coming soon!

Gray

moved around my photo albums, plus its time for some new pictures...

2011-07-16_20-37-42_210.jpg

got it on all fours

2011-07-17_01-18-26_247-1.jpg

changed the front hubs, like these better

2011-07-17_01-18-38_149.jpg

chassis detail shot

2011-07-11_00-39-10_825.jpg

older pic of engine detailing...its done and much better(prototypical) now

file0056.jpg

the inspiration

I've still got some air lines to run on the chassis, but I finished up all the motor detailing that I think I want to do...lol

Hopefully soon I can throw some paint at it...

Thanks for looking

Gray

Edited by Gray Smith

Started with a 378,added 7" to frame. Sleeper,AC,airfoil and APU from flat sheet.Fenders also made from flat sheet. The sat dish from the kids' toy box.Headlights from a 50'S Ford.

Before I post any more photos do the builds need to a secret or can we post in build photos??

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Before I post any more photos do the builds need to a secret or can we post in build photos??

No, there are no secrets here!! <_< Post as many in progress pics as you want! :lol:

No it's not, we have a parking space waiting for ya! :D

Cool thanks, kinda wish I knew about this one before I started the last couple of trucks but I'll see what I can round up. DOT legal and gotta start from a new kit.....this could be fun!