Model Cars Magazine Forum

I used the 22" Cutaway Enterprise to build the USS Constellation NCC-1017 from the Doomsday Machine episode of TOS. When I saw the re mastered version I decided to do this project; I was inspired by the more extensive damage done to the CG Connie in this episode. I used the replacement parts from DLM and decals from JTGraphics.

Con1.jpg

kit_01_002.jpg

kit_01_003.jpg

kit_01_005.jpg

kit_01_012-1.jpg

Awesome, Simply Awesome! :blink:

I would love to see sharper and larger pics if you could post some.

Thanks for all of your comments guys, those are the only pictures I have so far. The Connie is on display at my local hobbyshop right now I may be able to get some better pics in the future.

Here is a closer view of the bridge area.

kit_01_010.jpg

Edited by Bigdad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah - she's hurtin' real bad.. poor girl... B) I loved the design of the first gen Star Trek ships and I always felt true sorrow when one was destroyed and lost.. and when the original Enterprise was destroyed in Star Trek III, I honestly felt that it really was the end of Star Trek as we all had known it and I felt genuine sadness when she did her death dive.. I have to admit that it was cool to see the saucer seperate to become a giant "life boat". Seeing starships destroyed never thrilled me just as seeing old ocean going ships or old airplanes being scrapped always tugs at my heart strings. I know that we just can not keep everything but I just do not like watching an old ship that has been who knows where and has given her all faithfully being sunk or cut up for scrap. I guess that I am just a sentimental old fool.. ;):huh:

My wife and I went to the last Star Trek movie but I didn't care for it. What really drew me to see the movie was just the scenes that showed the Enterprise being constructed.. now THAT was cool!!! But with no William Shatner or Leonard Nimoy and the rest of the original cast, I came away feeling unsatisfied. But it was worth it to see the few minutes of the birth of the ship.

I enjoyed Star Trek TNG and watched most every episode. I always thought that it had a good cast and Marina Sirtis was the crown jewel in that one - talk about eye candy!!! :P The ship was a beauty - not as pretty as the original Enterprise - but still very nice to look at.. and some of the episodes were really good.

;)