Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Silhouette

Dave B

Just a few pics of one of my favourite re-released AMT kits built in 2010. Since Photobucket removed third party hosting the pics had gone and I noticed a request September this year (2017) for the pics so here they are.

Tks

Dave B

IMG_7232.JPG

IMG_7233.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

IMG_7236.JPG

IMG_7230.JPG

Edited by Bantoft
Pics had gone

I noticed that, too- doesn't the kit actually contain a 427 FE? The reissued I've seen all had one.

Tks Guys, glad you all liked it. Yes it did come with the Ford, the nail head came out of the spare parts box, home made manifold & aluminium tube for injectors. I built the original release when I was a kid but that's long gone. Didn't look as nice either!!

Dave B

How timely as I was looking fo reference photos yesterday and voila--there they were. Nice work. in the mid 80's my younger son thought he would like to build a model. That is the one he picked. He got as far as assembling and painting the motor. He is a meteorolgist and interested more in science and math things. But I have kept this in my stash. I decided it was time to build. Mine won't like as good as yours but I was particularly interested in the dash configuration. The directions aren't too good but your photos help a bunch.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a few pics of one of my favourite re-released AMT kits built in 2010. Since Photobucket removed third party hosting the pics had gone and I noticed a request September this year (2017) for the pics so here they are.

Tks

Dave B

IMG_7232.JPG

IMG_7233.JPG

IMG_7234.JPG

IMG_7236.JPG

IMG_7230.JPG

I'm glad you replaced the photos. Very cool build just like the cover of the 1963 Petersen's Custom Cars annual. I also like how you put a nailhead buick in just like he originally built it.