Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone know of a '70 Challenger flat hood?

I ordered the hood from Time Machine Resin, but when I emailed to inquire about the status I got the following message:

"Your order has been received.  Website orders usually take at least four weeks.  Right now we are running behind on shipping website orders so it may take a little longer.  Thanks for your order.

Jeff Watlington

Time Machine Resin."

I find that to be a bit silly, since casting takes less time than responding to my email, lol. I'm not going to cancel my order, I'd just like something a little faster than maybe a month. If not I guess I'll try to make my own in the mean time.

theres a guy on ebay .. 5.00 plus ship. for a hood but its a 71 flat hood .. but i dont think theres much diff between the two.. i could be wrong.. i have one an it awsome an got it in like a week.. ull have to contact him an do it off ebay cuz he dosent do much there . or ill find his email an pm it to u..

later days

Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

Ian, I can include the dual scoop hood if you want.

Nah, thats OK. I'm working on a hood right now from a Shaker, if it doesn't work out I'll just wait for the Time Machine hood and hope the paint matches being sprayed at a later time, if I can't find something faster.

I ordered the hood from Time Machine Resin, but when I emailed to inquire about the status I got the following message:

"Your order has been received.  Website orders usually take at least four weeks.  Right now we are running behind on shipping website orders so it may take a little longer.  Thanks for your order.

Jeff Watlington

Time Machine Resin."

I find that to be a bit silly, since casting takes less time than responding to my email, lol. I'm not going to cancel my order, I'd just like something a little faster than maybe a month. If not I guess I'll try to make my own in the mean time.

Sure, that is about all the time it takes to pour resin into a mold. But there is much more to resin casting than that. Jeff is a stand up guy who like nearly every other resin caster has a "real" job, family, etc, to share time with. Even Modelhaus states four to six weeks on their website. Patience, grasshopper.

Sure, that is about all the time it takes to pour resin into a mold. But there is much more to resin casting than that. Jeff is a stand up guy who like nearly every other resin caster has a "real" job, family, etc, to share time with. Even Modelhaus states four to six weeks on their website. Patience, grasshopper.

I'm sure he is, and I've read nothing but great reviews. I cast alot of resin parts, I know the process, I guess that's why i want t faster, lol, maybe I'm just impatient. Ok yea, I am impatient B)

This wasn't meant to be a bash on him, just explained why I was looking for another source, because the obvious option wasn't immediately available.

Edited by ian ashton