Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sealed SHUT lids

Hi guys, just wanted to say you all do such amazing work on your builds that its unbelievable to my eyes sometimes lol

I haven't had that much time to do any major building lately but i've just finished building and setting up a new airbrush paint booth with the hopes of getting some building done. Anyyyyway to get to the point , i've been checking my supplies and paints and such and came across a bottle of Testors Glosscote and Dullcote and they both have those kinds of lids you have to push down at the same time and turn right but i can't open them no matter how hard i try or press down!! Any ideas guys???

Just take a pair of wire cutters and cut the plastic lid off. There is a metal lid under the plastic one.

Its done this way to keep young children from being able to open it, but once the lid becomes stuck from dried paint, its impossible for anyone to open.

Good luck.

Just take a pair of wire cutters and cut the plastic lid off. There is a metal lid under the plastic one.

Its done this way to keep young children from being able to open it, but once the lid becomes stuck from dried paint, its impossible for anyone to open.

Good luck.

Roland's right...just cut that plastic off. And then if you still can't open it, put the bottle upside down and put some drops of lacquer thinner into the lid. Sometimes the lacquer thinner will get in there and melt enough of the dried up stuff so you can get it open. Real hot water helps also.

Roland's right...just cut that plastic off. And then if you still can't open it, put the bottle upside down and put some drops of lacquer thinner into the lid. Sometimes the lacquer thinner will get in there and melt enough of the dried up stuff so you can get it open. Real hot water helps also.

and then make sure to wipe the lip and thread portion of the bottle off each time after using with a little thinner and a paper towel or napkin.