1:24/1:25 Woodlites?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been wanting to add some Woodlite headlights to a model. They're those weird accessory headlamps used on '30's luxury cars. Are there any kits which have some, or any resin/white metal alternatives? Yeah, I could scratchbuild a pair, but I'd really rather not do that if I can just push the 'easy button'! :lol:

Here's what I'm talking about- this is a handmade replica, but the real ones basically looked like this-

woodlite-vi.jpg

Posted

Yes, there was a kit that had Woodlites in it. I thought it was the "Bathtub Buggy", but not so. I simply cannot recall the kit name, but recall it being one of those "wild customs" of some sort. Just know that they did exist.

I have a set in 1/25 that I stashed away for future use/casting, but would be hard-pressed to find them at the moment. If you are inclined to scratchbuild them, Google "Woodlites" and you can find a drawing out there. I just did.

Posted

It's the MPC Bed Buggy kit that has them. I would gladly make a mold of them and cast up copies for anyone who needs them. The person who loans the originals to me gets a bunch of free resin goodies!!!!

Posted

I don't have any Andy but would be interested in a set after you cast them.

Posted

I don't have any Andy but would be interested in a set after you cast them.

ditto x 2

Posted

Steve, Those are the ones. Seems Old Georgey B. dug those Woodlites!

Posted

Thanks, guys! I just might scratchbuild a pair after all- not too sure about paying collector prices for a kit just to nab the headlamps! :D