Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:24/1:25 Woodlites?

I've been wanting to add some Woodlite headlights to a model. They're those weird accessory headlamps used on '30's luxury cars. Are there any kits which have some, or any resin/white metal alternatives? Yeah, I could scratchbuild a pair, but I'd really rather not do that if I can just push the 'easy button'! :lol:

Here's what I'm talking about- this is a handmade replica, but the real ones basically looked like this-

woodlite-vi.jpg

Yes, there was a kit that had Woodlites in it. I thought it was the "Bathtub Buggy", but not so. I simply cannot recall the kit name, but recall it being one of those "wild customs" of some sort. Just know that they did exist.

I have a set in 1/25 that I stashed away for future use/casting, but would be hard-pressed to find them at the moment. If you are inclined to scratchbuild them, Google "Woodlites" and you can find a drawing out there. I just did.

• 10 years later...

I bought a 3D printed set from an eBay vendor, with the intention of cleaning them up and doing a couple of sets of castings for myself.  I wouldn't think of selling copies because they would be based on someone else's original work, but this is to let everyone know that they are out there.

The Mail Truck pieces are molded as an assembly with the spreader bar/fender brace, and aren't very well done.  As I remember, the Bed Buggy units are way better.  That kit was floated at one of the hobby trade shows a few years ago, apparently didn't get a favorable response from wholesalers and store buyers.

• 3 weeks later...