Model Cars Magazine Forum

75 dodge dart

diymirage

hey guys

got this kit a few days ago from a fellow board member and decided to knock it out of the park before years end

no major mods on this one, changed the ride height , different wheels and a different engine is all

the front wheels sit in the kits highest position and the rear has been lifted about 2 scale inches

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzUtMjAxMDExMjEtMjA1Mi5qcGc.jpg

i used the spider rims and read tires from the revell twin turbo Z29 so i had to raise the rear suspension to clear the fenders

(gotta love those old MPC kits) i just got a piece of 1/8th styrene tube and glued it on top of the stock rear porches

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzMtMjAxMDExMjEtMjA1MS5qcGc.jpg

interior is bone stock and pretty much done (just added flocking)

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzEtMjAxMDExMjEtMjA0OS5qcGc.jpg

i decide to toss the stock engine in the parts box and finish up a allready half assembled 440 from the 69 charger

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzQtMjAxMDExMjEtMjA1MS5qcGc.jpg

the exhaust is curtousy of a 71 superbee

not sure if ill be able to clear the subframe with the pipes on them (they would end halfway past the door anyway) or iff ill just run headers and call her good

im waiting on a little something something from ma's resin to really make this 440 run

for once i actually like the kit supplied decals so i will be painting the body a twotone to acompany them

any suggestions are always welcome B)

hey guys

got this kit a few days ago from a fellow board member and decided to knock it out of the park before years end

no major mods on this one, changed the ride height , different wheels and a different engine is all

the front wheels sit in the kits highest position and the rear has been lifted about 2 scale inches

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzUtMjAxMDExMjEtMjA1Mi5qcGc.jpg

i used the spider rims and read tires from the revell twin turbo Z29 so i had to raise the rear suspension to clear the fenders

(gotta love those old MPC kits) i just got a piece of 1/8th styrene tube and glued it on top of the stock rear porches

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzMtMjAxMDExMjEtMjA1MS5qcGc.jpg

interior is bone stock and pretty much done (just added flocking)

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzEtMjAxMDExMjEtMjA0OS5qcGc.jpg

i decide to toss the stock engine in the parts box and finish up a allready half assembled 440 from the 69 charger

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzQtMjAxMDExMjEtMjA1MS5qcGc.jpg

the exhaust is curtousy of a 71 superbee

not sure if ill be able to clear the subframe with the pipes on them (they would end halfway past the door anyway) or iff ill just run headers and call her good

im waiting on a little something something from ma's resin to really make this 440 run

for once i actually like the kit supplied decals so i will be painting the body a twotone to acompany them

any suggestions are always welcome :D

Looks cool keep doin what your doin!!! :blink:

got some work done over the last week

im pretty much set with the body, just waiting on the speedy parts to finish the engine and the decals

i didnt want to stick with the flat hood (too flat) and i didnt like the custom scoop on it (too tall) so i too a look in my partsbox and came up with a corvette hood

a friend of mine actually had a 1:1 chevy lumina in white with a black corvertte scoop on it

looked really cool but it was like driving a powdered donut

anyway,i grafted the corvette hood to the stock unit and painted it to match the sceme on the car

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwODMtMjAxMDExMjctMjE1Ni5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwODYtMjAxMDExMjctMjE1Ny5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwODItMjAxMDExMjctMjE1NS5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwODQtMjAxMDExMjctMjE1Ni5qcGc.jpg

for once i liked the decals provided in the kit so i decided to match the paint job to it

wouldnt you know it, i tore one of the decals in a thousand pieces :lol:

but i should have some new ones come in the mail soon :lol:

thanks guys

i do like making my own decals from time to time but this was a build i did just to get one out

not a ton of detail in the kit so its an easy one and i didnt want to spend 3 weeks designing decals for it

(somehow the design proces takes me forever)

as for the spiders, this is my second build with them and i do like them alot

they are my second favorite wheel after the used to death cragar SS

the chrome is box stock with only a single coating of weathering on them

im going to have to do some more work on them to get the sheens about eqaul since the fronts and backs came out of different kits and look different

right now i dont have alclad or any expirience with it but it is on my Christmass list :D

Jim, if you like her right now wait untill you see the mill :lol:

I like it, Eelco. What engine you putting in it? No wait - make it a surprise.

Didn't get the Christmas decorations up, but got the 2 bathrooms done. Me and joint compound don't get along but I might be ready to sand the kitchen in the morning. I was able to get the suspension on the D50, but it hit me last night. I made a straight front axle from Evergreen but didn't make any spindles so the old axle is going in the trash and I'll make a new one that a tad more narrow and make spindles. The joys of scratch building.

glad to hear you got something done to the house

i fixed a drawer and thats it

me and the wifey did agree that when we finally get to finish the downstair bathroom we'll put in a jacuzi :)

(no idea how to finance that though)

good luck with that D50 front axle

you know, if you really want a small glimpse of the engine you can scroll up and read about the bottom half in my first post :)

speaking of which, the exhausts from the pro street bee will clear the chassis so those will be the tail end of it :lol:

second favorite engine for my builds is the old 440 topped only by the 426 hemi of course ;)

(speaking of which...i joust bought a 66 nove prostreet which im thinking of putting my "special" hemi in)

th_utf-8BSU1HMDA2MDAtMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTgtMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

in which case i would call it a supernova :D

speaking of ceilings, you should see the ceiling i put up in the guest room, its pretty common in my neck of the woods but it seems od to every american i show it too, i nailed pine slats to the trusses and stained it to match the rest off the wood (a reddish cherry colour) work in the room

it has white walls, charcoal carpet and red upholstery and bedding

best part, no sanding :D

Edited by diymirage

tiny little update

got the decals done and a little detail painted but not all yet

got the clearcoat on it

(the primer looks pretty decent actually)

now im ready to put the glass in and the interior

until i get the speed parts in i dont have much more i can do

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTAtMjAxMDEyMDUtMjAyMS5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTEtMjAxMDEyMDUtMjAyMi5qcGc.jpg