Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Camaro Models

75th Ranger

Here is a couple of my stalled [for now] Baldwin Motion car.

I'll finish it eventually.

zy6ptu.jpg

9te22p.jpg

Bob

Bob,

Do the Crager wheels come with the Baldwin Motion Camaro? What motor comes in that kit, I'm not too familiar with the Baldwin Motion '70 1/2 Camaro?

What are the main differences between the Baldwin Motion and the regular '70 1/2 Camaro kits?

Edited by crowe-t

I have a couple to share. :) Both builds are from several years ago, both use the Amt 70 Motion Camaro as their base.

The first one was kind of a replica of a car which used to cruise regularly, just up the coast from me. Sadly, he went and re-modded it soon after, and made it look terrible...:D

But this is how I remember the beast......

TUFF701-vi.jpg

TUFF70-vi.jpg

The second build is one I'm most proud and fond of. I'm a bit of a Baldwin Motion freak.....absolutely LOVE these cars. Sadly, and I guess "licensing" played a part, but Amt did not provide the famous stripes in their kits. :D

Masking them up was tedious, but overall, the right look was achieved I think. Opened the trunk, added aluminium tube for the side-pipes and a MCG detail set.

DCP_0637-vi.jpg

DCP_0636-vi.jpg

Baldwin01-vi.jpg

Hope these help with the cause too. :)

Wow! Great build and great backdrop. How and with what did you make that pavement / backdrop scenery? Awesome paint job. One of my favorite subjects . . . I had a buddy that had a 70 1/2 Baldwin Motion. My goodness that thing was strong!!!

Thanx Phil, that's a piece of underlayment with gray primer,dirt,flat black and yellow paint. The backdrop is natural. If you look closely in one photo,you can see the wires to my satellite dish. :D I need to make a bigger one because it's hard to crop the photos and not show the ends of the "pavement". Here's a couple more photos of it:

2007_0903Image0014.jpg

2007_0903Image0015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my AMT 1970 Annual that I got several years ago in a package deal from a guy who was leaving the hobby. The model had been started - badly! It had been painted orange with a brush and had a red interior and vinyl top... I stripped the paint, cleaned up some stray glue blobs and started over. I can't afford to buy rare old models in mint condition, so I've really gotten into "Glue Bomb" restorations.

70AMTAnnualCamaroSS396restoration1.jpg

70AMTAnnualCamaroSS396restoration2.jpg

70AMTAnnualCamaroSS396restoration3.jpg

Edited by CorvairJim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got one that I built.

DSCN4836.jpg

DSCN4837.jpg

DSCN4838.jpg

I need to replace the rear view mirror. It fell off somewhere. I also need to repaint the front air dam. The paint on it wasn't good and I had to strip it. The whole thing needs a good cleaning now.

I like the two that Marc did. Very nice.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

I have a pair of 70.5's that need something done with them. I'll eventually get to them, but for now I do have one killer '79 Camaro Z/28 G-Machine runnin' a 455cid engine.

DSCF4005.jpg

DSCF4004.jpg

DSCF4010.jpg

DSCF4011.jpg

DSCF4017.jpg

BTW: Some slick lookin' Maro's out there! Great work guys! B)

• 5 months later...

here's my Baldwin Motion build from awhile back. i adjusted the front stance a bit and tweaked the sidepipes until they fit well. very cool kit of a very cool 1:1 car i think. this one just has an attitude that the Revell '69 never did.

march2cars005.jpg

march2cars008.jpg

march2cars007.jpg

Doing research for my build

I have to give credit ,,the only 70 I've seen so far on here, where the engine bay/body color/cowl is painted correctly..

good job DD

Bob,

Do the Crager wheels come with the Baldwin Motion Camaro? What motor comes in that kit, I'm not too familiar with the Baldwin Motion '70 1/2 Camaro?

What are the main differences between the Baldwin Motion and the regular '70 1/2 Camaro kits?

The B/M had the tall spoiler, front valance, sidepipes, Cragars, and a big block, either a 427 or a 454, not sure on that, as well as the stripe package. The Z-28, and most other 70 Camaros had small blocks. Here is my 70 B?M Camaro.

b28b0ee957_th.jpg

620ceb2293_th.jpg

a1628b816e_th.jpg