Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

molded hinges

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

any great way to improve exposed hinges ('32 Ford, '25 T, '29 A, style bodies) without cutting open the door & building a brass hinge? any photo etch or cast brass bits that would serve?

seems as though after primer, sanding, and paint, the molded hinge detail ends up being obscured.

thanks

Posted · Report post

I've been struggling making similar hinges for a van project, so it's a pleasure to suggest something that might work.

I'd think cutting off the molded ones and adding some small rod, two pieces or one long one scored in the middle, might up the detail level and look better. There is plastic rod close the the proper size and even smaller brass rod.

Posted · Report post

Lay two pieces of 0.10 plastic strip together,Then glue a 0.20 piece of round stock on the end.

Posted · Report post

beer cans. cut a 1/16t strip an inch long fold it over a pin. do it again trim a small slot and glue from the back. Ill do a how to tonight after work.

Posted · Report post

beer cans. cut a 1/16t strip an inch long fold it over a pin. do it again trim a small slot and glue from the back. Ill do a how to tonight after work.

i've been looking forward to this