Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Lonestar 1st test shot

Ok guys, Here it is the first test shot of our new Lonestar kit. The one shot shows all the test shots as they arrived from the factory - several of each tree bundled in its own bag - there is another shot showing all the parts for a complete kit.

These shots are the first one that I've stuck together over the last couple days... It's still missing some small detail parts.... I'll finish it up sometime in the next day or two, I'm sure....

Right now I need to write up a list of fixes for the factory - mostly stuff like missing locator pins and tabs - a few sink marks - almost no fit issues!

This first one went together pretty well... I'm pretty satisfied with it...

I hope that we can get everything adjusted on the next test shot and on to production somewhere close to our scheduled dates!

Dave

http://dmetzner.smugmug.com/Trucks/Lonestar-1st-Test-Shot/14912935_EL8S9

Edited by Dave Metzner

Wow! Dave, thanks again SO MUCH for the Lonestar, the Hudson, and the Chrysler. Awesome projects!

Can't wait to spend some serious cash on them when they arrive; can't wait to get started on them when they're mine!

I hope these turn out to be HUGE for you guys!

:D

Who do I have to maim/kill/or otherwise inconvenience to get my hands on one? :lol:

Patience, Grasshopper. They shall come to those of us who wait.

I pity the LHS when these guys arrive ... let's see, more demand than inventory; how to apportion the stock out to whom ...

Will their be lines of modelers camping out on the sidewalk overnight before the doors are thrown open?

Hmmmmm ...

:lol:

I don't want to offend anyone, I hope that everyone will understand if I don't respond to the personal conversations... Right now....

I'm not trying to be rude or unfriendly I'm just short on time right now...

I'm kinda buried with work on test shots for Lonestar, and the Hudson, along with several other projects..

I'll try to answer questions here when I can but I can't find time to carry on several personal conversations right now....

The price for the kit is $69.99...

As for parts count on the kit - the tool plan says 309 parts... as for the seams on the ar cleaners- they are made as two parts and the only way that works is to split them into front and rear halves.

I'm going to try to get paint on one in the next week or so and photograph it under construction for our instruction sheet...

Dave