Model Cars Magazine Forum

Physical Therapy Mustang (formerly "building again")

Dave Mikrut

First of all some more things I have learned since my stroke...toasted English muffins with peanut butter always land on the floor face down, objects I am trying to reach are always 2 inches further away and I finally get situated to relax and watch a little tv and realize my cell phone is in the kitchen...DOH!!!

I spent today grokking some kits to see if I could use the body on this chassis and since alot of fabricating would totally defeat the real purpose of this project, I decided to go ahead and build the mustang with a few modifications. I added spoked front wheels with pro-trac tires and to be different I am using the Revell blown 427 Ford parts pack engine. Try building one of these oldies wth one hand tied behind yer back haha!

I'm also taking the suggestion of one of my online pals to name this Mustang "Phyisical Therapy'. See the foto for a possible decal I may use.

awb06.jpg

awb07.jpg

First of all some more things I have learned since my stroke...toasted English muffins with peanut butter always land on the floor face down, objects I am trying to reach are always 2 inches further away and I finally get situated to relax and watch a little tv and realize my cell phone is in the kitchen...DOH!!!

I spent today grokking some kits to see if I could use the body on this chassis and since alot of fabricating would totally defeat the real purpose of this project, I decided to go ahead and build the mustang with a few modifications. I added spoked front wheels with pro-trac tires and to be different I am using the Revell blown 427 Ford parts pack engine. Try building one of these oldies wth one hand tied behind yer back haha!

I'm also taking the suggestion of one of my online pals to name this Mustang "Phyisical Therapy'. See the foto for a possible decal I may use.

awb06.jpg

awb07.jpg

The name rocks. Keep up the good work and healing.

Barry

I'm honored to see that you took my suggestion of the name. It will surely fit. And don't think that it is because of your stroke that things with peanut butter land face down or that things are always two inches farther than you can reach. It happens to me also. I like the work your doing so far. hat Mustang body has always made a neat little racer, in my mind. Keep it up. What color do you have planned?

Later-

• 3 weeks later...

I modified the headers that came with the kit to make them more interesting by adding the flange and a collector tube. Added the hairpins to the front axle to strengthen that up,

and mounted the engine. I would normally wire and plumb the engine but that would be a little too much for me rigt now hehe. Feelin sleepy so it's time to end for tonite.

awb08.jpg

awb09.jpg

awb10.jpg

Looking good, Dave and am happy to see that you're active and doing well.

The wife of a good friend had a massive stroke last week. No brain activity. He pulled the plug on the machine keeping her alive. We leave at 1:00pm today for the funeral/burial. We just saw Deb at the Florida National Cemetery on December 11 to help with Wreaths Across America.

You Dave - and everybody else - take care of yourselves and try to stay healthy and active.