Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 F-1 hauler and Swap meet trailer(32 tudor)

Redzula

So I finished everything up for now. I may touch up a little before I take them to goodguys in Des Moines.

I was going to rust the swap meet stuff but decided, based on the fact that I have no idea how to rust things, to just paint the body stuff flat black as if the seller painted it quick to make it look less rough. basically I was going to paint it black and then work on rusting it but then realized that I had no idea how and didnt want to ruin it. I also finished up the hauler too

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02955.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

DSC02949.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

DSC02959.jpg

go easy on me this is the first time I have really tried to detail a model and am still figuring things out. I would like to get into adding the plugwires and lines and what not but for not I'll just stick to the basics.

Thanks for looking

It looks really nice to me. What did the trailer come with? I understand your reluctance to weather it while not being sure how to. My next leap will be opening a trunk or some doors. Weathering will come later to me. I just learned how to get a beautiful finish on the body. I'm new here too so we'll be learning along with each other.

cposada...

It looks really nice to me. What did the trailer come with? I understand your reluctance to weather it while not being sure how to. My next leap will be opening a trunk or some doors. Weathering will come later to me. I just learned how to get a beautiful finish on the body. I'm new here too so we'll be learning along with each other.

cposada...

the trailer came with ramps a screwjack up front and the wheels and suspersion it took all of 15 minutes to assemble.

Looks cool to me. I like the color on the truck. The body is painted nicely too. You see a lot of quick paint jobs at swap meets. My step-dad says the darker the color of the swap meet paint job the more issues the body has. The writing on the trailer is a nice touch makes it unique.

Edited by ra7c7er

Redzula, I think you misunderstood me. What kit did the trailer come from or with? Sorry about that. For spending 15 minutes on it you did a great job.

cposada...

It is just a testors diecast trailer kit. the trailer only took 15 minuted the rest took a while longer

That looks great!!

Don't forget to tie down the load on the traier tho!!

James.

any suggestions for how to do that