Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 coronet super bee pro street

i just got a 70 coronet pro street off ebay the other day, im real big into the 1:1 pro streets, so i wanted to built a few 1:25 and 1:24 scale ones for a dio im gonna start soon, i was wondering if anyone has built this car before, and if so could you post pics of it, or links of ones who has built one, just to see what you have done to it paint interior wheels etc...... and if theres any tips or tricks i can learn about doing this model, im starting this one in a few weeks, after i finish my 1940 ford panel, thanks guys

i love that kit

i have 3 of them in my stash, 2 me and and my nephew are building side by side, im making mine as a regular 426 hemi with the cross ram intake and he is building his with the DOHC hemi

i did get some different wheels for it since i am just so sick and tired of the centerline (though i like the way CJTORINO did his)

the other one i have im making into somewhat of an overcharged DOHC and that mill is the only one i actually have pictures off

th_utf-8BSU1HMDA1OTgtMjAxMDA2MjUtMjEzM.jpg

my only other suggestion is to look at the two cars pictured above and check out the front panel between the headlights

the yellow on is colour matched and the pink one isnt

IMHO the yellow one looks better :)

ok thanks guys for the info and pics where could i get different wheels to use for this pro stret car since it has the fat tires in the back

get a hold of alan raab from ma's resin, not only does he sell those massive mickey thompsons (for a mere 2 or 3 bucks a pair) he is also in the proces of casting not one but two sets of rims that fit them

other then that, i have found that its pretty simple to make rims yourself

(if i remember correctly) i used a 3/4 inch section of 1 inch tubing once for the barrel of the rim

then i found a wheel i liked the heart of that i super glued in the middle and them i put a tiny 1/2 round ring of styrene around the very top and bottom to make the beads that keep the tires in

(ill try to find some pics later)