Model Cars Magazine Forum

Industrial Photo-Op Base

Dr. Cranky

Excellent, and remember that once you get the hang of it, you'll not be able to stop! Also, show us how they turn out, please.

Next trip to the LHS will be for supplies, and I will show you how they turned out!! Thanks!!

Oh, and Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year...travel safe!!

Excellent, and remember that once you get the hang of it, you'll not be able to stop! Also, show us how they turn out, please.

I was at the LHS today, picked up the Oct MCM, and suplies for jackstands...I got 4 down on the bench, 3 need some filing, and 2 need guitar string pins bent...I'll take pics tomorrow...:lol:

EDIT: Here's a picture of the 4 unpainted stands, which took me about an hour all together to get to here:

JackStands004.jpg

Edited by Tony T

1 set done, and 2 more have paint drying! :)

JackStands005-1.jpg

And they work!

JackStands008-1.jpg

More on the way!

JackStands025.jpg

JackStands026.jpg

You were right, Virgil! Once I started, it was so much fun, I kept going!! I can see making some variations for other stands and such, like transmission supports, and the like!

Here they are outside the shop

JackStands020.jpg

JackStands019.jpg

Thanks, Virgil!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah, here's a glimpse of Cranky's humble beginnings . . . back when the Lab-Rat-Ory was in a rural, undisclosed location! :lol:

001-vi.jpg

Is that the Atlantic Ocean in the background Dr.? Nice view if it is!

Absolutely stunning work here, you have the makings of your next book or DVD going on here.

EDIT: I just found this post and realized it was from last year! Dr. Cranky, this is one amazing dio!

Edited by mikemodeler